[NL2-NL10] NL50 with KK and A on flop

• sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](10 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      [color:grey]3 folds[/color], [color:red]MP1 raises to $2.50[/color], MP2 calls $2.50, [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $10.00[/color], [color:grey]4 folds[/color], MP2 calls $7.50.

Flop: ($23.25) 2:club: , A:spade: , 7:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]MP2 bets $5[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $28.25

It was basicly push or fold. He was rather loose but not totally idiotic player so he was able to make such call with AQ or AK or any higher pair. should i put him on QQ or JJ here or was it ok to fold?
  • 4 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Imo fold is too weak against this small bet. He probably holds a lower pocket or has a weak ace and wants to test whether he is beat or not. I think i would reraise to like 20$ , if he calls or reraises that i am done with the hand. You also have the backdoor nutflush draw so it isnt too bad for you.
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      Imo fold is too weak against this small bet. He probably holds a lower pocket or has a weak ace and wants to test whether he is beat or not. I think i would reraise to like 20$ , if he calls or reraises that i am done with the hand. You also have the backdoor nutflush draw so it isnt too bad for you.

i had same thoughts but we both had 50-60$ so i could only raise all-in with pot almost 30$. what about calling probe bet and see what happens on turn?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      should i put him on QQ or JJ here or was it ok to fold?

Looks like he has a decent ace or a PP. If you raise this flop you will force villain to play his hand correctly. He will quite possibly call/raise with an ace or fold with a PP. Therefore don't raise.( A raise would be slightly preferable to folding however if villain was to fold half of the time.)

Calling is OK since your hand may improve on the turn. You will also have more information on the turn and your hand does have SD value towards which you will be a little closer to realizing.

Specifically I'd call a reasonable turn bet if I felt that villain was likely to be bluffing or fold if villain was a tight passive type who leads with a decent size turn bet.