[NL2-NL10] 88 NL5 sh

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($4.82)
      MP ($5)
      BB ($7.18)
      CO ($3.91)
      Hero (UTG) ($5)
      Button ($5.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
      Hero bets $0.16, 4 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) 5, J, 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB raises $0.78, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.90) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $6.24 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.90

Villain is 35/13/2.2 (VPIP/PFR/AF)after 220 hands. His shove on turn was so stupid that I was thinking about calling. Is this a good idea??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think 88 is likely too weak of a hand to go to war with him with better reads on his play, like whether he can raise a bluff or a top pair or both there. When you call the flop and possibly call it all off, if you're right he might still have overcard outs, flush outs or both, if you're wrong you're 2-outing. I'd just fold the flop, you don't need to start guessing for stacks with marginal hands at nl5 to show a profit.

As played on the turn yeah it's weird from our point of view to be jamming that turn and it looks like a draw, but he could just have no idea what he's doing and he's jamming Jx because it's a top pair, or because it looks like you have a draw, or just because he thinks it's a good time to put all his chips in the middle. Again, not worth it without further reads in my mind.

Hope it helps.