minimum edge for profitable SnG ICM considerations?

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i'm training myself for SnG play atm using sng wiz, and was wondering what I should be setting for my minimum edge for profitable returns. I'm currently playing turbo 2.25 sngs on FT, and any thoughts would be much appreciated.

my minimum edge is currently set to 0.03 ( up from default 0.01), somehow I think this is way too low, and would love some clarification from someone who knows. ty in advance.
  • 12 replies
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      I always put the edge to 0.00 and look at the difference. There is no general answer imo so you will have to decide everytime if the difference is too small to push. you'll get used to it! ;)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      0.03 is way too low, are you that good that you can get their range correct down to maybe one or two hands wrong?

I would up the edge alot, if you know the range of a reg you might and i mean might be able to pinpoint their range roughly.

I would sugest putting it to 0.2 and run off of that untill you can judge peoples ranges better
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      0.2? alright, after 40sngs i'm at an $EV adjusted ROI of -11% after training with an edge of 0.03, so i'l give .20 a go , and start playing games again in 2 days or so. hopefully i'l get profitable this time!, but it did seem like it was really the tight spots that lost me the game. I'l post my results on saturday night (GMT). thanks

:f_cool:
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      conall the results of such small sample are completely meaningless, and you wont feel any difference in the results adjusting your game by 0.1 edge in the sng wizard imo
      sng wizard gives you an edge on his own doesnt it? the meaning of it is that the higher your edge, the more inclide you are to fold because that way you have more time to use your edge
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by deVall3y
      conall the results of such small sample are completely meaningless, and you wont feel any difference in the results adjusting your game by 0.1 edge in the sng wizard imo
      sng wizard gives you an edge on his own doesnt it? the meaning of it is that the higher your edge, the more inclide you are to fold because that way you have more time to use your edge
      This is completely wrong, please find out how to use sit n go wiz as this is the opposite of what you should be doing
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i'm well aware what affect an increase of edge has. It tightens my call / shove range based on player tendencies, outside of player specific reads.

the general idea is to give up marginal spots to allow me to reach other spots where my edge is greater.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      how am I wrong exactly? :f_confused:
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      This is completely wrong, please find out how to use sit n go wiz as this is the opposite of what you should be doing
      Hmm, I thought he was correct (except for the fact that you can choose your edge)., he pretty much means the same as conall88 but doesn't explain it as well.

Can you explain why you disagree with him?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Hmm, I thought he was correct (except for the fact that you can choose your edge)., he pretty much means the same as conall88 but doesn't explain it as well.

Can you explain why you disagree with him?
      Ok say sit n go wiz says the situation is plus 0.5 EV then this means everytime you DO NOT PUSH in that situation then you lose $0.50 in a $100 game. Or if you do you earn $0.50.

Maybe I have misunderstood his post but this IS how it works
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      if the difference between equity after pushing and equity after folding is smaller than the edge, you should fold. thats how it is.
      in other words, the higher the edge, the more inclined you are to fold
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Sit n go wiz gives you an estimated edge in bold!
      You are obviously talking about something else, I am done explaining it to you.

I think we are talking about different things so lets just drop the matter, I dont really care if you are using it correctly or not to be honest