[NL2-NL10] AA nl5 FR

• herekPL
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($15.58)
      Button ($7.31)
      Hero (SB) ($5)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($3.87)
      MP1 ($2.97)
      MP2 ($4.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.23, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.60) K, J, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, UTG raises $0.90, ?????????????????????

How to play hand with this guy:
      94/22/1,5/wtsd45/wssd33/35hands - see every flop

What kind of hand can he raise here? His range is pretty wide and i really don't know what to do here.
  • 5 replies
    • pablomeza

I don't think you should be afraid to re-raise against his range. KJ is definately in his calling range, but so are alot of other worse Kings or Jacks, and you shouldn't be afraid to go broke with AA unles the board is extremely draw heavy which is not the case here. A minimum raise is very weak so I think going broke is the right option.

Iin the long run pushing all in against these fishes is +$EV and you'll encounter KJ and 22 (since I assume he would play differently with KK and JJ pre-flop) very rarely when compared to Kx and Jx so I think a push is the right play here. Even against KJ you have 2 A's and 3 2's left as outs, and whatever turn card that could be duplicated on the river.

Hope this helps!
    • arjun2001
      I usually call in this situation and see the turn card..how would you evaluate just calling in this situation?
    • herekPL
      Originally posted by pablomeza
      A minimum raise is very weak !
      MinR is not weak - <>< dont know how to raise and just push button. But it's not weak.

Just call OOP in my opinion is weak. And what on turn - Ch/F - so why you call on flop? Hoping that villain won't raise on turn? IP i'd call this, but here OOP i think that a)3B or b) fold.
    • michaelqian
      I think against these players just try to get it all in on the flop, you are ahead too many times. You'll often see them showing up trash and weak middle or top pairs.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree, AA is too strong to fold against a spastic 94/22/1.5 villain. 3bet to whatever amount you think looks weak to him, be it a small 3bet or plain jamming, and call it off while feeling good about it. You'll see any top pair and random pair + a draw to a draw type of hands that these players just play horribly.

Hope it helps.