Newb Stats Play Question

• THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I'm new to stats play but I think it is very important so i'm trying to get good at using it to help me with reads.

Question: If there is a player (around 250 hands) with a 22% VPIP but only a 6% pre flop raise percentage, should I put them on a bigger hand than say a guy with a VPIP of 22 with a raise percentage of 15%?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      This depends on what position they raise from. If you are trying to judge their preflop hand raise range you should look at their positional PFR and not their overall one.

What HUD are you using?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      This depends on what position they raise from. If you are trying to judge their preflop hand raise range you should look at their positional PFR and not their overall one.

What HUD are you using?
      Thanks for the feedback, I use Elephant.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      It's a bit too simplistic to do really good reads, but you can still estimate their range by their overall PFR. That's especially true if you think they are a tight, thinking player. However don't forget the gap concept. It's highly unlikely a guy raising 15% is raising 15% from UTG. :D
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      It's a bit too simplistic to do really good reads, but you can still estimate their range by their overall PFR. That's especially true if you think they are a tight, thinking player. However don't forget the gap concept. It's highly unlikely a guy raising 15% is raising 15% from UTG. :D
      Elephant does PFR from all positions, at least im pretty sure it does.