This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 55 nl50 sh

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 354714
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $49.67
      Hero (UTG): $49.50
      CO: $108.81
      BTN: $20.63
      SB: $30.36

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with 5 :diamond: 5 :heart:
      Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.00) 3 :club: 5 :club: K :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, CO raises to $12, BTN folds, Hero raises to $30.75, CO raises to $49.50, Hero calls $17 all in

v: 38/25/2.5/351hands 3bet 10 wts 32 fcbet 42

is it a mistake not to shove after his raise? I wanted him in the pot with whatever he has and 3bet shove looks so strong. Let's say I KNOW that he has fd and he will shove to my 2.5x raise but sometimes he might fold if 3bet shove - is it more profitable to 3bet 2.5 or shove in this case?
  • 2 replies
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      i dont think it makes much difference here, but i think a 3bet (which is comitting you to the pot) looks even stronger then a shove !
      because this bet looks like you want him in the hand.
      a shove looks maybe more like a FD because you create more FE with the shove.
      if he is on a FD it makes no dofference, because you cant fold anymore.
      he MUST know that, so if he wants to play his FD he can shove with 0 FE or call and call the rest on the turn.
      so against a FD your bet makes no difference, you basically go all in with your bet, and your 3bet looks even stronger then a shove to me.
      so id simply shove it and see if he calls me.
      if he has a K or Twopair it really just looks stronger to him if you 3bet him small instead of moving all in.
      so shoving >>> the much stonger looking pot comitting 3bet
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      once you're not folding your hand and you hold made hand I always like re-raise small to 2.5-2.8x instead of shoving, since that would always give other person to shove and put their money all-in with worse hands
      Nh