BB ($3.71) [45/8/10 - 150hands]
      Hero ($14.80)
      UTG+1 ($3.64)
      CO ($3.39)
      BTN ($9.10)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:spade:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25,

FLOP ($0.75) 4:heart: 9:diamond: T:club:

check, Hero bets $0.10, BB raises to $1.05, Hero raises to $3.90, BB calls $2.31 (AI)

With small bet i wanted to induce villains bluff. I have seen him reraising small bets before. Does it make sense?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII

imo it doesn't make sense, but if you have that read on villain it's ok i guess.
      I'd just bet ~0.6$ because your set isn't indestructable (QJ, 87, Q8) and call a shove.

Best regards,
    • MaestroOfZerg

It does make sense, but once you shove over he'll only continue with hands that would have called you down or raised normal bets anyway. So you'd have to just call his raise and let him continue to bluff at you if you really wanted to get max value from his bluffs, which is usually a problem on a texture like T9x for obvious reasons: you won't like many turn cards.

Your line is sort of a middle ground, getting some value out of air hands while probably still stacking the bulk of his value hands, it's fine, as trusting your reads is an important part of poker. However it requires you to put yourself in situations where you might just get drawn out on and tilt about it, so if you're not ready to accept that you should likely stick to the normal fastplay lines. If you're ready to deal with it, everything's fine.

Hope it helps.