All in EV graph

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi

I'm not sure how to post a graph but I'm sure some of you will know the graph I'm speaking of. There's two lines, money expected won and money actually won. What does this mean? How does this help me? Should the lines be parrallel or different. I have some sessions where they are almost the same and others that are like mirror opposites and some where the lines cross multiple times.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I like the HEM name, luck adjusted graph. its not completely accurate, but it gives you a more accurate graph of your winrate.
      For example if you had a 70% equity to win a 100 bb pot the graph goes up 70 bb. it owrks a little different for tournament . it only works if the players are all in before the cards are dealt
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deVall3y
      I like the HEM name, luck adjusted graph. its not completely accurate, but it gives you a more accurate graph of your winrate.
      For example if you had a 70% equity to win a 100 bb pot the graph goes up 70 bb. it owrks a little different for tournament . it only works if the players are all in before the cards are dealt
      okay. So this shows you how lucky you are? When EV goes up and actual goes down you got bad beat, and when EV goes down and actual goes up you got lucky? What about coinflip situations?

Thanks
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      On a flip you have 50% equity in the pot, meaning you are expected to win 50% of the pot, therefore, if you win the hand, assuming a 100BB pot, it will show you as 50BB above EV.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Thank you very much. This graph is now helpful to me.

Cheers