Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Whitsett ($15.70)
      CO manufanb ($9.45)
      BTN Hero ($10)
      SB marguzz222 ($12.15)
      BB someonebad ($6.80)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN 3:spade: 3:diamond:
      Whitsett raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, someonebad calls $0.20

Flop: A:spade: 5:spade: Q:club: ($0.95, 3 players)
      someonebad checks, Whitsett bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, someonebad folds, Whitsett calls $0.90

Turn: 5:club: ($3.35, 2 players)
      Whitsett checks, Hero bets $2, Whitsett raises to $4.20, Hero folds

Final Pot: $9.55

Whitsett wins $9.20 (net +$3.50)

Hero lost $3.50
      someonebad lost $0.30

I am mistaken villain bet on the flop as weakness or is he really calling me with 5x here?
      I don't get villains line but in general should I just fold to those minor bets now?
  • 3 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Hmm, if the player is decent and hits TPTK/2pair, there aren't many hands you can represent that beats him. I mean comon, what 5x hands can you play? 55? 45s/56s? AA/QQ would probably be raised preflop. Though I think it's more likely he hit something big like his own set/quads/2 pair since he check raised the turn (or he knew you were bluffing).
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Imo your raise on the flop might be good (if he C-bets alot), but when he call you, he probably have something and the five on the turn will not make him fold. So I should just give it up.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Janusrichmond
      Imo your raise on the flop might be good (if he C-bets alot), but when he call you, he probably have something and the five on the turn will not make him fold. So I should just give it up.
      This mostly. I'll also repop smallish bets from bad players the first time since it's the easiest way to find out what they're all about for that particular player and it's relatively cheap, but once you encounter resistance it's usually meaningless to continue against most of these guys, they're not folding.

That being said you still have a bad halfstacker left to act and you equity when called is abysmal, so maybe it's not the best spot to bluff-raise in the first place.

Hope it helps.