MP3 = ($10.50)
      CO = ($3.85)
      BU = ($1.80)
      SB = ($11.21)
      BB(Hero) = ($10.16)
      UTG2 = ($1.89)
      MP1 = ($9.56)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) T, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.45) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.69, Hero raises to $3.45, MP2 raises to $8.90, Hero calls $5.45.

River: ($19.25) 3 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.8.

My question is, was it a good call to make at the end there?
  • 9 replies
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Forgot to add that i have a very tight image on this table and most of my raises are met by everyone folding. This player is a fairly tight player but has made raises with two picture cards (eg. Ko-Jack)
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      It's pretty hard to tell without the suits. And I think you should question your preflop play.

I don't quite understand your line since it doesn't usually maximise value and you'll likely get outdrawn even if you do get action.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Sorry about not including the suits before, its my first time trying to copy and post my hand on here. Here is the whole thing, (hope this is enough).

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      MP2:
      $9.60
      MP3:
      $10.50
      CO:
      $3.85
      BU:
      $1.80
      SB:
      $11.21
      BB(Hero):
      $10.16
      UTG2:
      $1.89
      MP1:
      $9.56

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) T, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.45) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.69, Hero raises to $3.45, MP2 raises to $8.90, Hero calls $5.45.

River: ($19.25) 3 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.8.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet it preflop out of position, if your 3bets get too much credit try to 3bet a bit more without going nuts postflop when you get called.

Flatting preflop is another option but you have to check/raise that flop when he bets weak, he has crap/a draw most of the time and he won't put anymore money in on his own unless he improves, in which case you'll end up getting stacked every time. If he happens to be suck-betting something like Qx he won't go anywhere on the flop, he'll probably also call a turn bet, but mostly i think he doesn't have much on that flop.

As played on the turn your check/raise looks even stronger than it would have on the flop, and when you get action you better hope he can play some kind of pair+draw like that, otherwise you're toast. I'd probably try and keep the pot small to see a showdown at that point, since he bet bigger on the turn than on the flop maybe he indeed was suck-betting Qx in which case we don't want to spook him, or he improved to beat you and going broke isn't fun.

Hope it helps.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      is 3bet mean betting 3 times the big blind? Whats suck-betting and flatting preflop? Sorry, my poker knowledge isn't that great.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      3bet
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/3bet

PS.com has a glossary section where you can look up on unfamiliar terms.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3-betting means it's the third bet somebody put in on this street. For preflop play, BB posted the big blind so it's the first bet, when somebody open raises it's the second bet, if you reraise it's a third bet.

A suckbet is a smallish bet, used mostly by bad player, done mostly with a big hand in the hope that you will get suckered in the hand and continue to pay off lightly later on.

A flat is generally a call.

Hope it helps.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help. On the converter it said he had QJoffsuit. So i guess he was suck betting on the flop. Would he have bet this hand any differently if he hit trips? Two pairs?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Who knows... Maybe he'd bet more because his hand would be stronger, maybe he'd deem it so strong that he'd slowplay it by checking instead. Or maybe he would take the same line because that's just how he plays everything.

Everyone one is different, it's your job to figure him out :)

Hope it helps.