importing pokertracker

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      hi guys, im not a cpu genious. and im wondering if i can erase the text files after importing to pokertracker? is there a reason to save them? importing just takes longer when pt have to go through all the old ones again.. finding duplicates

thanks
  • 5 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      you can erase them, but if something happens to your DB you couldn't recreat it. if you're using PT3 just make that all procesed hands PT moves to some other directory.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You should definitely be backing them up. Both PT2 and PT3 have an option to move your processed files to another directory once they are imported. You should definitely use that option and make that folder a part of your backup plan.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Why not backup PT database?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You should backup the database and the hands regularly. Its two different levels of backups.

Sometimes it is not possible to restore a database backup, then you still have the original hands.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      ha, funny thing. decided to keep my text files. and yesterday when i had shut down my cpu it started up by itself automatically(wich it does sometimes).. it was late and i just wanted to go to sleep! so, in my anger i pressed and held the powerbutton, while cpu was starting up again, until it shut down.

well, today when i start my laptop i had two options: "start windows normally" or "repair(recommended)". so i chose the recommended option. and after the repair pokertracker didnt find a database, i had to delete postgreql and install it all over again (and didnt have a backup).
      BUT i of course had all the textfiles so i just had to install postgres again and then import the hands again. no problem. :)