This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Downswing ? or is it me?

• Confeti
      Confeti
      Bronze
      I'm loosing a lot of money at 2/4 FL SH. May be someone can help me with this that is killing me :(

3bet: 12%

CB flop: 99%
      CB turn: 91%
      CB river: 60%

Fold CB flop: 40%
      Fold CB turn: 30%
      Fold CB river: 51% (Is it high?)

Free SD raise: 19%

Is something wrong?? Is this normal?

I will apreciate any help. Thanks.

Regards.
  • 6 replies
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      You might be cbetting too much. It's looks like u 2 barrel too much to me and you might be folding too much to cbets when u have enough equity to continue. That's my thoughts...
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Damn mate, I feel for you. :( I was in similar position 10 days ago. Would love to give you some good advice, but since 2/4 is way out of my league I just wish you all the luck and let the professionals give their opinion on your play.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Ok, my worthless thoughts.. why I'm posting I have no idea, other than I feel the FL love and need to do something. :f_love:

i. 12k hands means the impact of variance is still significant, so variance is clearly (and I guess, obviously) responsible for a large portion of the result.

ii. A turn cbet stat of 91% with a WTS of 35% suggests you are second barrel/folding a lot, although at 60% river cbet.. perhaps you are 3 barrel bet/folding a lot as well.

iii. At $2/$4 I would expect your "Fold BB to steal" stat to be tending to 45 - 50%. You may be folding profitable multiway hands - but at 12k hands it may just be sample size.

Ultimately though, running at -4.4BB/100 for 12k hands is standard variance. I've been through much longer, deeper and horribilier [made up word, don't use] runs than this at much lower limts (ie $.50/$1 on iPoker).

BTW, if you don't already, you should get behind Los Pumas (I hope that is the correct way of writing it; [ ] basic knowledge of Spanish) ie the Argentinian rugby union team. The rock, and so do their female supporters. Grrrrrrl. :f_p:
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      91% turn CBet is high but stats don't tell the whole story.

Posting hands is really the only way to get a good idea of what you're doing right/wrong.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      91% turn CBet is high but stats don't tell the whole story.

Posting hands is really the only way to get a good idea of what you're doing right/wrong.
      Haha I told him to post this to see if something is wrong. ;)

You fold to much against a flopbet. I think 35% on all streets should be best. You also continuationbet a lot. 60% on the river is really high as I doubt that you have that often a hand worth betting with.

Other than that I agree that you should not start bet less to match the stats but think about correct spots where a bet doesn't make much sense and to find that out it's best to make a video (no audio if your English is not good enough, that why I don't do any ^^) or post hands with spots noted above (remove the rest of the hand to reduce the influence the result might gibe us, for example "Turn: Hero ???").
    • Confeti
      Confeti
      Bronze
      Thanks for all your replys!, I feel very comfortable in this comunity :)

I will try to reduce my Cb turn and river, let's see what happens.

Today... was winning +302. 400 hands later I finish the session -100 :f_cry:

Originally posted by ciRith
      Other than that I agree that you should not start bet less to match the stats but think about correct spots where a bet doesn't make much sense and to find that out it's best to make a video (no audio if your English is not good enough, that why I don't do any ^^) or post hands with spots noted above (remove the rest of the hand to reduce the influence the result might gibe us, for example "Turn: Hero ???").

I did a post and then read this. Next I will do it like you say :)

Originally posted by Waiboy
      BTW, if you don't already, you should get behind Los Pumas (I hope that is the correct way of writing it; [ ] basic knowledge of Spanish) ie the Argentinian rugby union team. The rock, and so do their female supporters. Grrrrrrl. :f_p:
      Haha yes, argentinian girls are very hot ;)

For all the bad luck we have some, others elsewhere in the world have a lot of luck:
      [Invalid Youtube Video]

Regards!.-