[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH AJo vs Monkey

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Gerv (BB) ($52.55)
      UTG ($29.40)
      MP ($46.70)
      69/12, 55 hands, WTSD 46%, AFq 25% Flop (28)

-> Reads: openlimps KQo CO. Coldcalls BTN isolate on BB with ATO, c/c KKQr, instant check Tc, Ts c/c 1/3vBet

Button ($122.05)
      SB ($38.45)

Preflop: Gerv is BB with J, A
      1 fold, MP bets $1, 2 folds, Gerv raises $3.50, MP calls $3

Flop: ($8.25) J, 2, T (2 players)
      Gerv bets $5, MP INSTANT raises $10, Gerv raises $40 (all-in)

Given the fact that he's midstack + this is a 3bet, I just jam it here on his minraise but I am not sure which line to take .

I found other lines as in calling Flop and c/R Turn or bet Turn again not really good imo. Folding here is weak imo.

Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      i think this line is best here.
      i dont really like to just call the flop and c/r turn, because there can come alot of cards that hurt us.
      and we still dont know if he is going to bet the turn if we check.
      lets suppose he has KQ and he minraises you and you just call and check turn.
      this way he bought himself a free river card which is horrible in this spot.
      so i`d shove here as well.

other line might be to just call and bet/raise turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think 3-betting on the flop is better since you're oop and there could come cards that would kill the action or loose your hand
      BUt since he seems like irrational, maybe min re-raise to 15-19 is better than shoving, sice he might still shove then with air.