[NL2-NL10] SSS: A draw in the BB

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Is the PF call OK?

Is the flop play OK?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $10.32
      BU:
      $12.37
      Hero:
      $2

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 6:club: , 9:club: , Q:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.20, BU raises to $0.47, Hero folds, MP2 raises to $0.74, BU folds.

Final Pot: $1.86
  • 4 replies
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Just realized ure playing SSS, shouldn't u just fold preflop with that hand?
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      fold preflop, only 2 involved in the pot, if there were like 4-5 people calling that minraise, you could call that I think.

as played, you have 9+2+2=13 outs, chance of nothing of those coming by the river is ~40% (miscalculated?), so you should just go all-in.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      as played, you have 9+2+2=13 outs, chance of nothing of those coming by the river is ~40% (miscalculated?), so you should just go all-in.

At the time I was thinking that I have very little fold equity here. Should've just pushed though when the action got back to me on the flop. 45% equity v AA makes it a no-brainer. I missed out here. FE not required in this spot.

fold preflop, only 2 involved in the pot, if there were like 4-5 people calling that minraise, you could call that I think.

MP2 possibly plays worse than me so I was tempted in. 5.5:1 express odds but still iffy PF.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Fold preflop. I would think about calling prolly if there was at least 1 more caller.
      On the flop you almost have a monster draw. I think all in is the right play there.
      There is enough money in the pot already and you do have enough equity for making the push profitable.