$19.07
      CO:
      $43.77
      BU(Hero):
      $14.27
      SB:
      $11.38

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) Q, 3, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.1) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB raises to $3.10, Hero raises to $13.27
  • 2 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      mmh on a higher level i would say this is kind of a way ahead/way behind situation, but on NL10 i would expect a lot of players to call with any pocket pair

but still i think there is no need to shove on the turn, as you might scare small pocket pairs or even a 3 off... just call and let him drive the action, i would suggest (the only card you are afraid of is an Ace on the river) and there should be enough in the pot to shove on the river if he checks
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by thebigheizung85
      but still i think there is no need to shove on the turn, as you might scare small pocket pairs or even a 3 off... just call and let him drive the action, i would suggest (the only card you are afraid of is an Ace on the river) and there should be enough in the pot to shove on the river if he checks
      I doubt he'll be able to let go of anything he raised the turn with, but your idea has merit. If he's at all fishy you shouldn't fold ever, whether the best play is to shove the turn or call and shove the river if he doesn't is likely very close either way.

The more respect you have for that player the scarier it gets. There is like no reason for him to raise that turn with anything less than Qx/AA, both of which are extremely difficult for him to show up with as played, unless he's like "protecting" against overcards with something like 88 in his own twisted way. That being said, his bluffing range is also very narrow, who the hell tries to bluff people off a full house? We can't fold, but if he's good/straightforward we ain't happy either.

Hope it helps.