[NL2-NL10] TT in position NL5 SH

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Villain in MP (125bb) - VP:27, PR:22, 3bet PF:9, 4bet PF:25 Cbet Flop: 83, AF:4, WTSD: 43, Hands: 50

I sit in CO (180bb), and I have a read on villain that he is looser and aggressive.

UTG folds
      Villain raises to 4bb
      Hero with (T :heart: T :diamond:) 3bet to 8bb
      BB calls
      Villain calls

Pot: 1.20
      Flop: 2 :heart: 3 :spade: 3 :diamond:

MP bets 80c
      Hero reraise All-in to $6.35
      BB folds
      MP calls

Here I put him on AT+, broadways, mid suited connectors and lower PP's than my TT.
      He would have reraised my 3bet with JJ+, AQ+, so I narrowed it down to broadways that he is cbetting with, suited connectors, and PP's lower than my TT, so think I'm well ahead of his range.

He would call my all-in with any overpairs, 45 OESD, and of course 22/33.
      He would pretty much call any re-raise with a wide range and I didn't want any overcards.

Did I make a mistake by showing or evaluating the situation? What is the best line in this situation?
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

8bb is way too small for a 3bet over a 4bb open raise, he'll be priced in to call with all sort of crap hands that still have decent equity against your TT, other people might come along as well figuring it's cheap, and you'll have a hard time knowing where you're at on every flop where overcards come. Repop it to 12bb in position.

Your range for MP calling preflop is as a result probably even wider given the price, anything playable will likely continue. He might also show up with JJ/AQ sometimes especially if you have a tight image because you min3bet and that tends to look like the nuts if you don't do it often. BB will usually have whiffed overcards or some small to medium pocket pair, weighted toward overcards if he's fishy, and pocket pairs if he's taggish.

Since you took the betting lead by 3betting preflop he is not continuation betting, he's donkbetting into you. Usually it's either a weak holding like whiffed overcards figuring you likely don't have much of anything either, or a middling overpair that doesn't want you to get a free turn / trying to figure out if it's good or not. Raising is the way to go, since these hands likely won't put anymore money in on their own unless they improve to beat you.

Whether you want to shove or raise small depends on what you think will look weaker to him, if you think he can put you on overcards when you shove and call it off with any pocket pair your play is likely fine, tho i'd usually just raise to about $2.2 to entice lower pocket pairs to stay in with 2 outs, and then shove the turn. I don't think he'll show up with 45 too often, and he's very unlikely to call your shove with it unless he's completely out of his mind, which i don't think he is, his stats look decent.

Hope it helps.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! So you say a raise/shove turn would have been better?

What if I reraise, he shoves? Or I reraise/he calls, then shoves turn OOP?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah i would raise to $2.2 as a standard just to get a call from bad players with stuff like 77 that might be suspicious but doesn't want to play for stacks. If he calls you have to shove the turn, he'll likely fold but sometimes he'll continue to be suspicious and call it off now that he's committed (most of them think street by street and will only realize the flop call was committing once they see you shove the turn).

For the same reason if he jams you're committed, so of course call.

Hope it helps.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! So either way, i'm going broke in this hand.

BTW he showed 22, made quads on the turn.