How'd ya play this ?

• metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      Hi, I just had a bad call I think and I dont have my software installed so I cannot post how it went...

Just generally speaking, I had 5,8 suited and the flop brought 2 more hearts - I needed 1 more heart to make a flush. I know my only opponet (others folded) was a loose player and I was pretty sure he had 1 pair at best.

He raised by 10 cents, I called. The turn brought a diamond and he raised by 50 cents, I think I raised by anothert 50 trying to scare him awat(I was still sure he had nothing, he did this before) and he called.
      The river brought nothing and I was left with no combinations so I raised by 50 cents and he reraised me. I folded.

How'd ya play a flush draw like this ?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      1st this is not the place for this tread , you should post it in the hand evaluations. Next even tho software broke you should at least give more details about you and your opponents stacks and the pot size. You can`t make right decisions without that basic information.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      If he's very agressive you probably have implied odds as long as he doesn't bet too much. I'm far from being an experienced player but i would just let him bet into me on the flop and turn, and raise the river if i hit a flush.
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Basically.Dont play 58 sooted.Simple as.
      Seriously though, we need more info to evaluate the hand properly.
      Did you put villain on a hand/range and what was the min raise on the turn supposed to represent?
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalDays
      He raised by 10 cents, I called. The turn brought a diamond and he raised by 50 cents, I think I raised by anothert 50 trying to scare him awat(I was still sure he had nothing, he did this before)
      How'd ya play a flush draw like this ?
      You not going to scare people away at this levle...full of calling stations its pritty basic poker. If you have a hand bet, if you dont check. Alot of players are also pritty passive so they'll let you draw for free (most of the time)...When you playing NL10+ then you can think about adding C-bets & check raise bluffs etc.
    • metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      Ok i feel like a TOTAL idiot now :)
      Feel free to delete this post, sorry for posting it in the wrong place.
      :spade: prays for more poker skillz :spade: