new security feature on stars?

• zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      While playing 4 sngs, I got a picture in all chat screen with some text, and instructions to type the text into chat box, with 100 sec warning to do so. (and message something about automated system detection)

I almost missed that message, usually i do not pay attention to chat window.. I havent seen that on stars before..
  • 8 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey zamoda,

I have never heard of this.
      My advice would be to contact support@pokerstars.com asap and ask about it.

I'm also interested in knowing so I will email them as well.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I had this months ago, it's certainly not new. You just have to do it on one table to get rid of it, it's just a turing number test to ensure you're not a bot.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      and what if u play 24tavbles a s a bot? :D then u cant read chat...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      thiis isn't new at all, they had these random checks 2 years ago
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i play around 20 tables sss on pokerstars and i get that message sometimes.

i only had it twice so far and its really difficult to see when i play 20 tables
      cascaded.

the text of the chatroom disappeares and its just the captcha image thats there

so when i see a table without text ... i know they think im a bot and they are testing me

i stop what ever im doing because the captcha image is timed. I rathed time out on a few tables and do the captcha thing than having security chase me!!

its not new :s_cool:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey guys.

I received an email back.

Thank you for your email and for allowing us to be of assistance. The prompt players receive is a legitimate part of PokerStars' robot player detection and prevention system, known as a CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA is an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart".

This system helps ensure that PokerStars is as free of "bots" as we can make it. The system has been designed such that most players will experience a CAPTCHA very rarely so as not to be intrusive upon your game play. The exact criteria for who receives a CAPTCHA and when cannot be divulged.

We ask for your cooperation in completing the CAPTCHA whenever it is presented to you, in order to help protect the integrity and security of our games here on PokerStars. Failure to complete the CAPTCHA when prompted may subject your account to unnecessary further CAPTCHAs or more careful scrutiny of your account.

Good luck in your games, and thank you for playing on PokerStars. Kind Regards, Michalis PokerStars Support Team

So it seems normal.

Regards,

Kyle.
      Bronze
      And if your involved in some big pots and you lose money becaue of trying to
      comply with this test does Poker Stars refund you?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm not sure 8979687.

I wouldn't think so.
      Another email to Pokerstars support imo.
      support@pokerstars.com

Regards,

Kyle.