This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Set on 1suited flop NL5 SH

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Villain: VP 9 / PR 9 / AF 1.5 / Hands 22

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter: Play hand $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed) Known players:
      CO:
      $1.36
      BU:
      $5.35
      SB(Hero):
      $6.03
      BB:
      $1.46
      MP3:
      $6.29

Preflop:
      Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      MP3 raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.25) 7, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.65) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $2.60, Hero raises to $5.73, MP3 calls $3.13.

River: ($12.11) 8 (0 players)
      MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.98.

Should I 3bet in SB his min raise? Did I make the right play?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's fine, villain looks tight so far so if you 3bet your 77 SB vs MP it's almost a bluff, as he will likely dump anything but AK/TT+ and you'll be crushed whether he 4bets or you get to see a flop as a big underdog. At least calling will give you a chance to see the flop and crack his hand.

On the flop if i'm donking i'm just potting it, hard to say whether check/raising is better without any postflop read. He probably won't c-bet air, the question is rather whether he'll raise a donkbet with an overpair or not. Either line is okay.

On the turn it's time for the sick feeling that we've just been 2-outed or he slowplayed a flush, as i very much doubt he'd raise there even with something like AK with a diamond and he would have raised 44 on the flop. That being said it's really hard to give credit to a relative unknown for AA, maybe he does sometimes go nuts with AdKx, your only play is likely to shove and deal with the cooler if he shows AA or a slowplayed flush.

Hope it helps.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! He had the flush with Ad8d