[NL2-NL10] Set on 1suited flop NL5 SH

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Villain: VP 9 / PR 9 / AF 1.5 / Hands 22

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter: Play hand $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed) Known players:
      CO:
      $1.36
      BU:
      $5.35
      SB(Hero):
      $6.03
      BB:
      $1.46
      MP3:
      $6.29

Preflop:
      Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      MP3 raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.25) 7, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.65) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $2.60, Hero raises to $5.73, MP3 calls $3.13.

River: ($12.11) 8 (0 players)
      MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.98.

Should I 3bet in SB his min raise? Did I make the right play?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's fine, villain looks tight so far so if you 3bet your 77 SB vs MP it's almost a bluff, as he will likely dump anything but AK/TT+ and you'll be crushed whether he 4bets or you get to see a flop as a big underdog. At least calling will give you a chance to see the flop and crack his hand.

On the flop if i'm donking i'm just potting it, hard to say whether check/raising is better without any postflop read. He probably won't c-bet air, the question is rather whether he'll raise a donkbet with an overpair or not. Either line is okay.

On the turn it's time for the sick feeling that we've just been 2-outed or he slowplayed a flush, as i very much doubt he'd raise there even with something like AK with a diamond and he would have raised 44 on the flop. That being said it's really hard to give credit to a relative unknown for AA, maybe he does sometimes go nuts with AdKx, your only play is likely to shove and deal with the cooler if he shows AA or a slowplayed flush.

Hope it helps.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! He had the flush with Ad8d