[NL2-NL10] NL5 BSS 3 hands

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      So, I switched to the BSS again since I feel its more fun playing. But perhaps I will play one table of NL5 BSS and 1-2 NL10 SSS, we'll see I guess.

Hand 1:

I bet half the pot on the flop for protection against a possible flush draw, but perhaps I shouldve bet more like 2/3 or 3/4 instead? And then on the turn I got a full house so I just checked since they called my hpsb on the flop and perhaps just thought it was a bluff of some sort, and I did get some action but in hindsight, a check wasnt all that good perhaps? Since they actually didnt show any strength or anything like that on the flop, and it just felt like I got lucky with the BU betting on the turn. And Im quite sure of that my check on the river was wrong.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $7,07
      SB:
      $4,48
      BB:
      $4,99
      MP3:
      $5,26
      Hero:
      $4,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:club: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0,04, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, CO folds, BU calls $0,04, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) T:diamond: , 2:club: , 5:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,10, MP3 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,10, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,50) 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0,20, SB calls $0,20, Hero calls $0,20.

River: ($1,10) 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1,10

Hand 2:

Was the flop bet ok? And should I have reraised him after he reraised me or was the call fine? And the turn, at least I think the roughly 2/3 potsized bet was good, but perhaps I shouldve bet only half the pot? My reasoning for the flop bet and then the turn bet was to protect against a possible flush draw, but perhaps I just fear it too much for my own good?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,47
      MP3:
      $5

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q:diamond: , Q:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,04.
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,36, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,82) 7:heart: , T:club: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 raises to $1,20, Hero calls $0,60.

Turn: ($3,22) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $5,22

Hand 3:

Should I have settled with just calling his bet here? Or maybe just made a min-raise? My reasoning was yet again to protect against a possible flush draw. But now afterwards I dont think he had a flush draw because of his min-raise on the flop so I wouldve probably gone with a call or at most a min-raise, good or bad?

Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $4,80
      Hero:
      $6,91
      BB:
      $5

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:spade: , 5:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0,08, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,08, SB folds, BB calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,26) K:club: , 5:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0,15, Hero raises to $0,45, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,86
  • 6 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. I would bet like 15 cents on flop for value more than protection , since i doubt people would fold to 5 extra cents there :D plus a flush draw isnt all that likely anyway. In turn you could checkraise although that would make it obvious to any thinking person that you have a big hand. On river you must take some initiative indeed and make something like a HPSB.
      Raising preflop wouldnt have been a bad option either.

2. If you get reraised when you raise from early pos it usually means they hold a good hand , so flat call wouldnt be a bad option. Or you could reraise him to 3x his raise and try to take it down preflop. But if he re-reraises you or flat calls you in that case you might be in a tough spot. I usually try to play the safe way.
      Hand is fine imo the way you played it , or you could go directly all in on flop after his reraise , since board is rather drawy.

3. The reraise is fine , the board isnt totally safe.Minraises dont have much sense , you dont really protect your hand and at the same time he wont call it the same way he wouldnt call a 3x reraise if he is making a total bluff contibet.
      Your hand might look powerful , but there could be many possible cards that can hurt you. Plus with a set on the flop you should be looking to play a large pot so you can stack your opponent. Its unfortunate that you didnt get more value off that specific hand but that doesnt mean that you played it wrong.

About the BSS/SSS mix , i also did the same when i fell back from 500 to 50$ , and was playing nl5 BSS and nl10 SSS. Personally it helped me because i could play more loose with the BSS so i did not get bored as much and play bad/loose with the SSS.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Thank you as always for the feedback. And yeah I thought along the same lines now concerning the BSS/SSS mix :) . Because Ive been catching myself do some pretty retarded things when playing SSS, its not that I dont know what to do, its just the stupid person inside of me that comes out and takes over lol.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hand 1:
      I would bet 15 Cents on the flop. The players on these limits call with any2 suited and you want to get value from flushdraws. I would bet the turn (~half potsize) again to get value. The same on the river: Bet half the pot for value.

Hand 2:
      I would reraise on the flop. You have the nuts, but there are many draws.

Hand 3:
      nice hand!

Concerning your BSS/SSS-mix: I think I wouldnt be able to concentrate on both theoretical approaches simultaneously in a way that I play my A-game. Try it, but be careful. It could influence your game and therewith your winrate.

Good luck at the tables!
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ofc, Im aware of that it can be with risk. But the thing is, when Im playing SSS Im playing 4 tables quite easily, and more or less the only mistakes I do are of the stupid kind like Im being possessed by the worlds most stupid person lol. And the thing is, I get distracted so easily nowadays since I find playing the SSS quite boring actually :/. But oh well, I will mix some and try some things out and see how it goes :) . And ofc, Im not a very good player so ofc I might do some more mistakes when playing the SSS, but mostly as I said, its because of my own stupidity :( .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If you say that you are bored by the SSS and want to try the BSS: do it! But dont mix it! ;)
      Read the strategy articles for the BSS, listen to our coachings, play only the BSS and keep posting your sample hands. That should help. :)

Good luck at the tables!
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes I suppose thats better :) . And actually I havent mixed in any SSS tables so far either so.. :P . And thx ^^