FR downswing sizes.

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Just wondering what would you say a small, standard and large downswing is in BI playing BSS FR?

Small 2? Standard 3-6? Large 7+?

What would you say realistically the biggest swing could be? I know anythings possible, but somepoint it has to become extremlet rare to go beyond a caertain point.
  • 6 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hard to say, some wouldn't say 6 BI is a significant downswing.

I would say 10 BI is what people would call a downswing. I've been 6BI down before, in fact 5BI down currently, but I wouldn't call it a massive downswing. All it takes is a few suckouts and perhaps a cooler beat or two.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I'm awear of that, just FR is ment to have less varriance than SH.

I'm currently using a 40 BI BRM but im wondering if the fact i'm playing FR this number could be reduced to 20/25BI?

Would you then say more than 15BI downswing at FR is unlikley, but possible?
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      yes of course a 15 BI downswing is possible, there are plenty of stories on here about people being over 20BI down.

Usually you start off with some emotionally damaging extreme bad beats and then you tilt, 15BI goes easy this way.
    • WKF12
      WKF12
      Bronze
      I put $100 on full tilt and played omaha hi $20 .10 .25 buy in I managed to get it to just over 800 in around a week at 600 I went to .25 .50 so I had to shots at it if I missed back to .10 .25s with 500 i managed to dump it all thats like a 30+ buy in downswing but omaha though. I would consider my play a lil aggressive but it was a horible swing like overboats to quads, quads to over quads I even managed to run two straight flushes into higher ones. Hate playing lower then .10.25 but at the moment im trying to do a bankroll management properly.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      It depends on what ur true winrate is and how big edge do you have.... So on higher limits swings will become larger... =)

I think 5BI swing is something that can happen any time and although it sux its nothing special...

Anything bigger than 5BI i would consider a downswing.. Up to 10BI its gonna happen from time to time.. And more than 10BI swings are rare but they still happen =) ..

Imho 25BI BRM is ok for micros up to NL25 or NL50... If its ok with ur comfort zone ;)

Thats all what i can say from my own experience up to NL50 =) But you never know in poker =)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      It depends on what ur true winrate is and how big edge do you have.... So on higher limits swings will become larger... =)

I think 5BI swing is something that can happen any time and although it sux its nothing special...

Anything bigger than 5BI i would consider a downswing.. Up to 10BI its gonna happen from time to time.. And more than 10BI swings are rare but they still happen =) ..

Imho 25BI BRM is ok for micros up to NL25 or NL50... If its ok with ur comfort zone ;)

Thats all what i can say from my own experience up to NL50 =) But you never know in poker =)
      Thanks for the knowledge =)

In my 50k sarmple the biggest swing i've had is 7 BI so thats what brought this topic up. I agree with the confort levle, natrually the higher you get the more BI you'll want because your dealing with larger sums of $$$.

The amount of grinding i'v been doing the last 4 days i expect aprox 3 to 4 BI from rakeback each week aswell which i guess is a nic little bit of security =)