This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS 6 hands

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $11,01
      Hero:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $1,50, MP2 folds, CO calls $1,25, SB folds.

Flop: ($3,50) 6:club: , 7:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($3,50) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,75

If I know that CO might call my bet, maybe I should go directly all-in preflop.
      Check/fold flop fine?

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $33,55
      MP3:
      $18,43
      Hero:
      $4,50
      MP2:
      $14,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,00) 7:diamond: , Q:heart: , J:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,25.

Turn: ($1,75) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75, MP2 folds.

River: ($3,25) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $3,25

Yes, I know that SSS payer only plays TPTK or better, but odds were good:) . Valuebet river? (I thought that he definetely had some heart so I decided to check/raise him)

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $32,27
      MP3:
      $16,20
      CO:
      $30,60
      BU:
      $11,11
      Hero:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,25) 8:spade: , 2:diamond: , 7:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,25, CO calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,25, Hero folds.

Turn: ($2,25) J:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $1,25, 2 folds, SB calls $1,25.

River: ($4,75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $4, SB folds.

Final Pot: $8,75

Good fold?

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $18,75
      MP2:
      $19
      Hero:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , T:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,75) 3:diamond: , 3:club: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, BB folds, MP2 raises to $4,25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5,50

Can´t stopping completing with AT. Fold/raise pre-flop?

5)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,50
      MP2:
      $25,11

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 3 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $1,25, MP2 calls $1,00, SB folds.

Flop: ($2,75) 9:spade: , 7:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5,75

All-in against single/aggressive opponent?

6)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $30,27
      MP3:
      $20,80
      Hero:
      $4
      BU:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:diamond: , 5:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,00) 2:spade: , 4:spade: , 5:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, MP3 calls $1,00, BU raises to $4,50 (All-In), SB folds, Hero raises to $3,75 (All-In), MP3 folds.

Turn: ($10,25) 2:heart:
      River: ($10,25) 8:heart:

Final Pot: $10,25

Gutshot straight draw plus toppair, I thought why not put in another 2,75$

I think that I take now a little break and concentrate to school, don´t have this feeling to put all my money in against unknowns. Todays alaton advanced coaching reminded me that I should mostly push with my contibets and open pushes with AT-AJ is also fine when I´m on the blinds and limpers are loose. For that I still need pokertracker:( whell session ended +3$ (playing in 9 tables:D ), so in the end good play and see you in couple of weeks.
  • 5 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      hand1: I would contibet 2$ and fold to an all-in raise (or if the villain is calling station, your play is fine I think)

hand2: You get to see the turn very cheap and then there are enough outs to make it profitable to call the turn aswell i guess, I would've played the same. (except bet on river)

hand3: Fold is good with your kicker.

hand4: I also like to call AT from SB, but no need for that kind of action on flop, you often get pushed by overpairs and you have to fold.

hand5: again I would contibet about 2$. T would make you a straight, so I would also call if he pushed me all-in.

hand6: dunno, think I would fold.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. Your preflop raise is too small. 3 Limpers + you are in the blinds = 2$ raise.
      Then you can go all in on the flop as a contibet since your stack is 3$ and the pot is 4.5$.
      2. Definately bet the river. I am not sure that the turn call is good if you dont plan to have some implied odds if a diamond appears.
      3. Bad fold on flop , you have a top pair and you get very good pot odds to hit your trips or 2 pair. Would be an easy fold on turn though.
      4. This is a good opportunity to stealraise preflop. Your hand should have big equity against MP2's limping range. As played , it is a good flop for a bluff bet which you did , and an easy fold to any action.
      5. I am not sure about that hand , i think this flop often hits your opponent. But you have a couple of good outs so maybe going all in isnt bad.
      6. Why would you bet here against 3 opponents? Check/fold or check/call a small bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments

Hand 6: I bet because I had top pair with gutshot straight draw, so I´m often ahead here even against 3 players. Check/call or check/fold seemed a little too weak.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      about the third hand, 4 on the turn would give you 2 pairs, but also would give straight to 56 hand and flush if it was spade, so don't think you want to play with that. another 8 would give you trips, but again your kicker is very weak so you can't be very confident of your hand, that's why I think it would be smart just to throw it away as fast as possible.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Yeah that´s why I throw it away, because of my kicker and dangerous board. Although I could call 0,25 bet for my excellent odds. But any other card than 4 or 8 is bad for me (also I don´t like 4 :spade:)