[NL2-NL10] NL5/10 BSS 6max ATo bluff

• cwpeter89
      Here Villain's VPIP is around 30 and PFR around 20, but he's always looking to steal blinds. And he's the type of player who will marry any pair, and call it to the end.

PF he raised quite small, and I had position on him so it was a marginal call. He overbet flop and donked on the turn.

What is my best play here? I'm really hesitant about these kind of situations and so I pushed on the river.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 9, 4, 2 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.75) T (2 players)
      CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($7.75) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $3.00, Hero raises to $6.15, CO calls $3.15.

Final Pot: $20.05.
      Results follow:

CO shows a pair of queens(K Q).
      Hero shows a pair of tens(T A).

CO wins with a pair of queens(K Q).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd probably raise the flop too but bigger, if he's bluffing i don't want him to be able to talk himself into a call with whatever crap he has and make my life hard on later streets, i'd rather just call with AT-high if i think i'm ahead.

As played i'd call the turn and call the river, you should NOT be bluffing on the river with AT, there is no way he's folding a better hand for $3 into like $16. If you're confident enough to shove the river for value good for you, but i'd probably just try and get to showdown once i picked up the T to see what the hell he's doing.

So now it appears he's valuebetting ~1/2 when he has a hand, betting really strong where he has squat and blockbetting smallish ~1/3 when he has some kind of draw. Confirm those reads and then beat the hell out of him by staying away from the ~1/2 bets, raising the ~1/3 bets for value and calling or raising the big bets depending on how much showdown value you have.

Hope it helps.