Up to $110 in 2 weeks

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I'm sure that lots of people are doing alot better then me, but my ups and downs have been fairly stable so far. I hovered in the $50 range for first 3 days, then $60-70 range in 2 days, then $80-90 range in 3 days, went up to $100 briefly in a day, down to $80 same day and after $90-100 range in 2 days, i have just hit the $110 mark today. Slow but steady, :)
  • 12 replies
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi

Congrats on your winnings. You should try to look at your winrate in bb/100 hands. Get a program like Elephant, PT3 or HEM that can track this info and much more for you. Then you can see if you're improving. When you move up a limit you might make more $$$ per session but are profiting at a slower rate based on your volume of hands. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      Hi

Congrats on your winnings. You should try to look at your winrate in bb/100 hands. Get a program like Elephant, PT3 or HEM that can track this info and much more for you. Then you can see if you're improving. When you move up a limit you might make more $$$ per session but are profiting at a slower rate based on your volume of hands. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
      Personally i think $/100 rather than bb/100 is better. It quickly shows you where your most profitable. bb/100 varries limit to limit. I just think its simpler...also it stops you getting to obssed by what your winrate is.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I have installed elephant but i don't understand all that VPIP and stuff like that. I also hate it when i use elephant cause i can't see how much money people have on hand (the information from elephant covers up the amount of money people have). I'm at 22.8 bb/100 hands. I didn't use elephant for 2 days now so the result was from the BSS i was playing at NL10 for last week or so.

btw, how do i copy my overall poker results from elephant and post here?
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      @ PocketAcesJohn- you are correct. I never looked at the $/100 or $/hour but that does make it easier.

@Ironmask- 22.8 bb/100 is VERY good! But, if I'm reading correctly
      you're playing BSS NL10 with only $110. That's only 11 buyins. You really should try to follow a proper BRM. The last thing you want is a downswing that takes you back to $50 or even less. Keep doing what you're doing. Good luck.

Cheers
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      most important stats

vpip = vulantairy money putt in putt this stat tell how many % you or you're opponent puts money in the put

pfr = preflop raise is how much of the hands do you or you're opponents raise preflop

don't know what you are playing but I'm guessing sss. If so I would use the hud yet since it might cause you to open up you're range to much and it is really important to get some more experience by climbing the limits first before deviating from the chart.

So I would just use the tracker software to track you're results and to analyse you're game.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      i'm playing NL 0.05cents/0.10 cents. Is that the same as NL 10?

"The rules of bankroll management when following the BSS are as follows:

Always buy in with a full stack (100 Big Blinds). 100 BBs are therefore one buy-in.

You can move up a limit when you have at least 25 buy-ins of your present limit in your bankroll.
      You must move down a limit when you have 25 buy-ins or less of your present limit in your bankroll."

I had the SSS BRM mixed up with BSS, lol. But then what kind of bankroll would i need to start BSS? At what limit would i start then?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ironmask92

Always buy in with a full stack (100 Big Blinds). 100 BBs are therefore one buy-in.

You can move up a limit when you have at least 25 buy-ins of your present limit in your bankroll.
      You must move down a limit when you have 25 buy-ins or less of your present limit in your bankroll."

I had the SSS BRM mixed up with BSS, lol. But then what kind of bankroll would i need to start BSS? At what limit would i start then?
      NL2
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23

NL2
      you are playing NL10 ( but BRM is for sissies anyway) :D

BB/100 is more useful than $/100 because as limits change $/100 should change a lot. BB/100 is a better way to gauge your success as as you go up the limits it should hopefully not fall off too dramatically.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      kinda sucks cause i just went up to $131 today but came back down to $124, Was playing BSS NL10 and saw a very loose player raising like crazy. One hand he just called pre-flop and i called him but he checked on flop, so i thought he was so weak that i bet into him thinking he would fold his hand (i bet on flop/turn/river and he called everything and i found out he hit the river call). He hit the pair of 4's on river (i was raising him with king high, what was i thinking??? ) Probably thought he was just calling with crap...
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      kinda sucks cause i just went up to $131 today but came back down to $124, Was playing BSS NL10 and saw a very loose player raising like crazy. One hand he just called pre-flop and i called him but he checked on flop, so i thought he was so weak that i bet into him thinking he would fold his hand (i bet on flop/turn/river and he called everything and i found out he hit the river call). He hit the pair of 4's on river (i was raising him with king high, what was i thinking??? ) Probably thought he was just calling with crap...
      Never try to bluff bad opponents they always call with nothing.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      also do watch out on your BRM. i think you are under-rolled for BSS at NL10
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Yea, i know i'm underrolled on BSS NL10, but i can't find a table on NL10 to play SSS, everyone is usually short stacked. I usually limit my lost to $10 a day, so if it goes over that, i go play SNG or something.