timing observations

• raun
      hello i would like some tips and advice on timing tells.

since most of my opponents in fr are multitabling i was also wondering if it is even possible to use timing tells against multitabling opponents since their response time will of course differ depending on action on other tables?
  • 5 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      Well you couldnt use timing tells against me =) As you said because of multitabling the timings are a bit chaotic =)
    • elhh82
      the only one i can really say is, when someone checks/calls a small bet really fast, its a draw (or he gave up) and i will usually bet the turn.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      A snap raise = Weak
    • DaPhunk
      If you think about it, someone who instantly makes a play is more likely to know exactly what he's doing and what line he wants to take and/or is in a hurry with all his tables going on, Take from this what you will, but If he times down it could be for any number of reasons, but if you think about it, when you make a play like a check/raise and villain timebanks and times down its likely he's clicking "fold" on a lot of his other tables to try and give himself time to think about what to do.

Its different for every different person, and different depending on how many tables they are playing. I'm afraid you pretty much have to work it out for yourself. Some villains hollywood with premier hands as well as tough spots to balance their "timing" ranges, That said Snap Calls on flop or turn make me think of Draws or mid pairs normally but he could just have a plan for bluffing a later street already in his head or have so many tables going he's snap-calling a good hand. (Fish are more likely to snap-call or snap-raise strong hands than good players)
    • kosmonaut111
      Timing tells are really chaotic most of the time - because of multitabling etc. Still there are some things:
      Fishes tend to snapraise their really strong hands (usually they click bet pot button).
      One big tell is Hollywooding. Like if you bet the flop, opponent almost times out and calls you. Then you bet the turn and same thing happens - this means slowplayed monster. But you wont encounter this play often.
      Timing tells from MTing regulars: only thing that I have noticed, is when they take time , they are confronting a hard decision. Usally their timing depends on their action on other tables...
      One thing that most say: snapcall means mediocre hand. Preflop its something like AT, 67s etc. On flop draws or TPWK, second pair. But I wouldnt stick to it.
      If want to really use timing tells, you have to gather information yourself from other players.

And if you play few tables, it is possible to not give any tells to your opponent by just letting the time run to about half remaining. It gives you time to think, when you really need to and doesnt give nothing out. But it is annoying to do... :P