This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($0.78)
      BB ($3.30)
      UTG ($0.82)
      MP1 ($0.97)
      Hero (MP2) ($5)
      CO ($4.51)
      Button ($1.88)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 10, 8, A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.06, Hero raises to $4.62 (All-In), BB calls $1.86 (All-In)

River: ($6.61) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $6.61 | Rake: $0.30

Preflop and flop are ok I'd say.
      On the turn he did overbet the pot, but as he raised on the flop I wouldn't say he was on a straight draw.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet/calling is a line frequently used by the fish to draw to something. They're afraid you'll like bet pot so they try and make a blockbet instead to see a cheap card, then you raise and they end up calling anyway because they can't lay down a draw ever. With such a strong hand i'd raise the flop bigger, probably to $0.4.

On the turn he completely changes his line and suddenly overbets, usually he either has some top pair that is now afraid of the texture or he has a flush/straight, i don't think shoving serves much of a purpose unless you really skew his range towards top pair, which imo won't be correct most of the time. I'd just call the turn, check or fold a blank river and call or shove a spade river obviously.

Hope it helps.