5k by 2010 challenge

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hey,

Seeing how challenges work out good for most I decided to try it myself. As intro I`m a 21 years student from Romania . I`m in the 3rd year of Computer Science University in Cluj Napoca.

I started playing poker like 3 years ago, mostly just playing live with my budds or a couple of small tourneys online but nothing serious. Of course I lost my pokerstrategy capital in like 2 hours :f_biggrin: . But I cashed in from time to time a tourney or two so I had some spare money and in february this year I decided to take the hard way.

So I deposited 80$ on mansion and started playing Nl4 BSS. After I made like 400 bucks there I started to bonus whore a little. That way I got my roll to almost 4000$ by the start of the summer. During the summer tho spent almost all of it on booze and on a two weeks trip around europe with a friend during which we visited Budapest , Vienna , Paris and Barcelona. :s_biggrin: That left me with around 800$ at the start of college.

So of course I started again , playing NL25 FR then SH on PokerStars. By the 1sh of november I cashed out again about 500$ and my remaining roll somewhere around 700$. But being t3h luckbox hitmachine that I am I mannaged to win a 10$ buyin 7k guaranteed and that boosted my bankroll to around 3100$ that being where I stand now.

So now for plans goals and stuff like that:

:diamond: Goal is to get a 5000$ bankroll by the end of the year , doesnt matter if I get it by luckboxing again , by bonuses rakeback or by pure winrate. I will start playing NL50 SH @ Stars and play a few low buy in tourney in between (20$ max is what I`m thinking). If it gets to the fact that I can`t beat NL50 @ stars since I heard that it`s harder than on other sites I will either get a coach or move capital so a softer platform like Titan or PokerHeaven. My "got beat by limit" limit is breakeven after 40k hands which is my goal nr of hands for the rest of the month .

So basically that`s it , I`ll try to keep updates at the end of every day of how that day went and how my bankroll/hand count is standing , maybe post some hands I found to be interesting / puzzleing / played like a total fish :f_confused:
  • 15 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      So being at the start line :

Hands count for this month = 0

0 x------------------------------------------------------------------- 40k

Bankroll = 3183.70:

BUSTO --------------------------------------x---------------------- 5k

Hopefully I`ll make at least 3-4 hours to play today since I have exams on monday and wednesday. :f_frown:
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Should be pretty easy to do
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      good luck!

i hope you make it. how many tables do u play?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I used to 9 table NL25 but I think I`ll start by 6 tabling until I get the feeling of NL50 and then I`ll start increasing. I could go up to 16 tables if I really need to grind a lot but I usually miss a lot of spots in situations like that so I`ll try to avoid it.

I hope it will be easy but not sure anyway I wanted to begin with something doable , I dont want to overchallenge myself and end up making mistakes trying to reach it.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      With that roll, why don't you just 4 to 6 table NL100 ?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Well I don`t want to jump from NL25 to NL100 . I guess the gap could be too big and I might play money scared. So I`ll just stick to NL50 until I`m confident I can move up.

Played a short session of 1k hands but not really happy about it. I was a bit tired and couldn`t focus to play my best. Also played a couple of Omaha H/L tourneys in between but didnt manage to make it ITM. I`m off to see a movie now , will maybe play more tomorrow or tonight if I feel I can focus better.

Hands count for this month = 993

0 -x------------------------------------------------------------------ 40k

Bankroll = 3145.70:

So far profit made during challenge : -38$
    • pashone
      pashone
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan
      I think you made yourself a modest goal.Imo you will def.reach it.Good luck along the way.

[quote]Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      being t3h luckbox hitmachine that I am
      quote]
      looks like you ran into bigger one :D
      cheers
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Thx man , yea you totally owned me there :D
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      So after returning from the movie , which was kinda dissapointing ( A Christmas Carol - GREAT visual 3D effects but bad acting / story telling :s_frown: ) I decided to play the Sunday 1/4 and the double deuce. Got busted in both before getting ITM but np there , hard to get it from such a large player number. Meanwhile I also played 4 tables and those went nicely and ended up winning about 3 BI. So that leaves me at :

Hands count for this month = 2180

0 --x----------------------------------------------------------------- 40k

Bankroll = 3303.70:

So far profit made during challenge : +120$

I guess I`ll post graphs every 5k or 10k hands. Tomorrow I`ll review the session before playing any more , try to find leaks and post as many hands in the evaluation forum.

That`s about it for today , good luck at the tables ^^
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Well time for another update. Tonight sessios was a crazy one. Got two fishes on two of my tables playing like 90/45 and hitting everything. One of them got like 10 BI at the time I decided to call it a day. Me on the other hand , didnt hit that much. Most of my good hands either got no action or were dominated to begin with so session ended up being a losing one. Played another 3k hands bringing me to about 5k. That means I`ll have to pull off some extra volume during weekends to make my 40k goal.

I noticed I`m not tilting as bad as before , even tho I had a couple of really bad runs today. However what still botters me is that I still see the money factor , meaning I don`t tilt but I still feel bad about the lost money and maybe that`s affecting my game somehow too. Will have to work on that.

I`m also moving a part of my bankroll to Titan during next week since their VIP reward seems better and level is easier. I`ll keep aroun 1k@Stars and rest @Titan , playing @Stars just enough to make 3k points for the Takedown and rest of the time grinding @Titan.

With the increments from the 1st deposit bonus my roll still went upwards a couple of bucks even tho I think I was down like 25$ for the session.

Hands count for this month = 5077

0 --------x----------------------------------------------------------- 40k

Bankroll = 3314.70:

So far profit made during challenge : +131$
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Well last night was one of those days. I kept winning all the small pots and losing all the big ones. My big hands either got action by better hands , got drawed out or simply didnt get any action so the session ended up horribly. So by the end of the aprox 3k hands i played last night I was down 400$ which is almost the worst session I ever had BI related , lost 9BI in one session at NL25 , and definitely the worst session $ related. However I noticed I wasnt tilting that much , again was feeling bad about the lost money bud didnt make any monkey moves trying to recover.

But lucky I have a friend with whom I keep talking about poker , he is in a bad streak alsot the last couple of weeks and we decided to join a couple of 180 man SNG for fun and watch each other get owned by random donks. We joined like 2 7$ 180 and one 11$. I ended up winning one of the 7$ for about 380$ which almost made up for the whole session and by the end I was only down 1$ .

So for the updates :

Hands count for this month = 8804

0 -------------x------------------------------------------------------ 40k

Bankroll = 3313.40:

So far profit made during challenge : +130$
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I'm also from Romania, I also was a student at the Technical University from Iasi, also Computer Science, and also my name is Bogdan.
      First of all congrats for all your accomplishments regarding online poker.
      Im only playing for fun but like to read during my work breakes the pokerstrategy forum.

I wish I had the same passion like you during my days as a student!
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hey Bogdan,

Thanks for reply :)
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Another bad session this eveneng. Lost about 2.5 BI and I`m starting to wonder if I should myb move to NL25SH or NL50FR. Anyway I`m planning on moving to Titan next week most probably , maybe I`ll dedicate the time till then more to reading and watching some videos and less to playing.

So for the updates :

Hands count for this month = 10139

0 --------------------x----------------------------------------------- 40k

Bankroll = 3186.40:

So far profit made during challenge : +3$

So I`ve reached my 10k hands mark and I`m down about 8 BI , considering I won about 380$ from the donkament and another 30-40 from 1st deposit bonus. I know it can be just variance bitting me in the ass but it still sucks.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Played another couple of hours this last couple of days and managed to win back like 2 BI or so but still way worse that what I want to achieve. I also seem to have a dillema now , since TItan poker sais I have an old account which I won 5$ at a freeroll and they can`t close it , so I have 3 options bassically:

1) Play @ Titan poker without being tracked to ps.com. Main advantage would be the very good VIP deal which could equal almost 50% rb from what caltabiano sais. Plus lelve of play easier than pokerstars
      2) Keep playing @ pokerstars. I think I am still good enough to beat NL50 , however it will be more difficult and the VIP deal is not that good yet since I`m can`t get more than platinum this year.
      3) Go back to betfair or poker heaven , both easy competition and rb deal and also let`s add Ultimate Bet to the list , great 1st deposit bonus and above average VIP deal for what I see(again bad part is no strategy points TT).

I`ll have to think some more before I take any decision. Any input / opinions are appreciated.

Hands count for this month = 13037

0 --------------------x----------------------------------------------- 40k

Bankroll = 3241.40:

So far profit made during challenge : +58$