Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 9 players) Hero is UTG T T
      Hero raises to $0.07, 5 folds, BTN calls $0.07, 2 folds

Flop: Q J K ($0.17, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: 6 ($0.29, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: J ($0.45, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

I think I made a huge mistake check/calling the turn . I was beat after that flop .
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Make a normal c-bet, 1/3 is way too small. Choose a size for dry boards and a size for drawy boards and stick to it. I'd probably bet $0.12 there.

I think your turn line is okay, he seems bad and he's probably not going to fold any better hand he stuck around with on that flop. When he bets $0.08 into $0.29 on the turn you're getting almost the 5:1 you need with your OESD, so i think calling is fine, if you hit and bet out on the river such a player probably won't be able to lay down much, and he's even raise you if he happened to have a decent two pairs hand, so getting paid won't be a problem.

Hope it helps.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yes, the problem is I was kinda scared at that drawy board . I mean if he got any pair combined with the flop, i'm beat . made me not confident to bet higher than 1/3 OOP .

He eventually showed AK, if I was in position and he was first to act, he would probably minraise or make a wierd bet, which would've put me in spot of folding, depends on the bet . This is the part in the lowlimits, that you're kinda blinded, he might have something redicilous like 89s, but sometimes they suprise you ( fish has to win too, right ? ) . Unfortunately my PT3 trial expired long time ago, But I feel it's not that neccessary in FR NL2 :-)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop you're either way ahead or way behind, the problem is that against unknowns if you start by check/calling they'll often bet super big for no reason and you might be put in a tough spot, often folding the best hand. So c-betting to prevent them from doing that while still being able to see a turn with our draw by setting our own price and gain some information about their range is a good compromise.

If you bet very small tho, you'll get peeled by just about anything or you might induce a raise with any two cards too, which defeats the purpose of betting in the first place, as you'll still be hard pressed to take a decision if you get raised and you'll get almost no closer to knowing what they have if they call your tiny bet.

Hope it helps.