This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 fr , tt Utg

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 Deep No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero ($1.97)
      UTG+1 ($2.03)
      MP1 ($1.07)
      MP2 ($2.33)
      MP3 ($9.18)
      CO ($3.31)
      BTN ($1.50)
      SB ($2.01)
      BB ($4.06)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 9 players) Hero is UTG T T
      Hero raises to $0.07, 5 folds, BTN calls $0.07, 2 folds

Flop: Q J K ($0.17, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: 6 ($0.29, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: J ($0.45, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

I think I made a huge mistake check/calling the turn . I was beat after that flop .
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Make a normal c-bet, 1/3 is way too small. Choose a size for dry boards and a size for drawy boards and stick to it. I'd probably bet $0.12 there.

I think your turn line is okay, he seems bad and he's probably not going to fold any better hand he stuck around with on that flop. When he bets $0.08 into $0.29 on the turn you're getting almost the 5:1 you need with your OESD, so i think calling is fine, if you hit and bet out on the river such a player probably won't be able to lay down much, and he's even raise you if he happened to have a decent two pairs hand, so getting paid won't be a problem.

Hope it helps.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yes, the problem is I was kinda scared at that drawy board . I mean if he got any pair combined with the flop, i'm beat . made me not confident to bet higher than 1/3 OOP .

He eventually showed AK, if I was in position and he was first to act, he would probably minraise or make a wierd bet, which would've put me in spot of folding, depends on the bet . This is the part in the lowlimits, that you're kinda blinded, he might have something redicilous like 89s, but sometimes they suprise you ( fish has to win too, right ? ) . Unfortunately my PT3 trial expired long time ago, But I feel it's not that neccessary in FR NL2 :-)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop you're either way ahead or way behind, the problem is that against unknowns if you start by check/calling they'll often bet super big for no reason and you might be put in a tough spot, often folding the best hand. So c-betting to prevent them from doing that while still being able to see a turn with our draw by setting our own price and gain some information about their range is a good compromise.

If you bet very small tho, you'll get peeled by just about anything or you might induce a raise with any two cards too, which defeats the purpose of betting in the first place, as you'll still be hard pressed to take a decision if you get raised and you'll get almost no closer to knowing what they have if they call your tiny bet.

Hope it helps.