Strategy points not updated

• Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I don't know if this is the right place to write this, but my strategy points are not updated for few days now. On the My Portal menu, on the left side the points are being updated and they show me how much points have been accumulated each day, but my lifetime points are not beeing updated.

This shouldn't be a big problem for me (of course if my points are updated eventually) but the thing is, according to my calculations, I should be GOLD by now, and I'm eager to start learning the articles from the gold section.

Anyone knows whats going on, and when will this problem be fixed?

Thank you.
  • 6 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Falco,

The StrategyPoints get updated whenever we get the lists from the respective poker rooms. Usually this happens every or every second day. You can find the date of the last strategy point update of each of the Poker Rooms on the home page. The screenshot below shows where you can find the last day of update (marked with red):

For more information on StrategyPoints you can also check out our rewards system page.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I hear what your saying, and my daily points are updated. (the points shown on your screenshot).

But my lifetime strategy points are not updated.

Amount of points needed for next rank (Gold): 221 ---- This number is stuck a week now.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i kind of had the same (from the other side)

my points in the past 4 weeks were (far below) 800 and i was still GOLD... maybe you guys changed it that you stay a gold member till the end of the month or something (but earlier this year i immediately dropped down after not playing enough to have 800SP)

so the new concept of not updating the user status works great for me ;-)
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Falco84
      I hear what your saying, and my daily points are updated. (the points shown on your screenshot).

But my lifetime strategy points are not updated.

Amount of points needed for next rank (Gold): 221 ---- This number is stuck a week now.
      221 points needed to reach Gold two days ago.

Yesterday 208 points, and today, 215 needed.

What's going on?

I gain 13 points then lose 7 points the next day. But the fact is that I accumulated 28,7 points.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      221 points needed to reach Gold two days ago. Yesterday 208 points, and today, 215 needed.

You need a certain amount per month, meaning that yesterday you earned 13 points more than exactly a month ago, today you earned 7 points less than exactly a month ago. For example: I earn 50 points on 1st of September, 25 on 2nd of September, then no more points for the month. To reach 100 points per month, I need 25 points more. However, on the 2nd of October I will need 75 points to reach 100, because a month has passed and those 50 (earned on September, more than a month ago) are not valid for your status. And if I earned lets say 75 points on 1st of October, I would have 100 points per month. Not 150. Geez, I make it sound so complicated. I will stop now :f_p:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      221 points needed to reach Gold two days ago. Yesterday 208 points, and today, 215 needed.

You need a certain amount per month, meaning that yesterday you earned 13 points more than exactly a month ago, today you earned 7 points less than exactly a month ago. For example: I earn 50 points on 1st of September, 25 on 2nd of September, then no more points for the month. To reach 100 points per month, I need 25 points more. However, on the 2nd of October I will need 75 points to reach 100, because a month has passed and those 50 (earned on September, more than a month ago) are not valid for your status. And if I earned lets say 75 points on 1st of October, I would have 100 points per month. Not 150. Geez, I make it sound so complicated. I will stop now :f_p:
      Jackalof is totally correct, the Bronze/Silver/Gold etc status is calculated on a rolling 4 week (28 day) basis.
      As your new day's points are added, a day drops off of the other end.

The lifetime points total will just keep accumulating towards your eventual Black Member status, but this is independant of the "points required to next status" flag which is calculated on the rolling 4 weeks.

Both of these figures, the rolling 4 week and the lifetime, can sometimes take a day or two to update. PokerStrategy is reliant on each partner platform sending the tracked data through and small delays are sometimes inevitable.

Any problems or further clarification required, don't be afraid to shout.

Best regards,

Bart