HU Nl30 AKo

• 6 replies
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      and also, what do you guys think would be OK loss limit in heads up? how many buy ins
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      :f_love: :f_love:
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      1st thing -is I prefere atleast a3x standerd raise preflop ...by raising less then that you allow him to make profitable calls with a wider range.. I think ur call pre flop here is fine as long as you are also mixing it up with some 4bets with AK in this spot.

The next thing is your raise on the flop (what hands are you trying to get to fold) are you turning ur hand into a bluff or raising for value ..either way I think this is bad.

Its much better to call & set up a turn float or mabey hit one of ur six outs which you can safely bet for value as most often youl have a winng hand .
      also folding the flop is not a total mistake, but raising in a 3bet pot with AK 100BB deep is clearly wrong and is effectivly bluffing sometimes with the best hand wich is awfull ...

Just for the record this guy is a thinking reg and I have not played him yet but mabey will do in the future at a higher limit.. at HU 30NL on this site the rake is hell and playing a decent reg is also a mistake as there is much softer opp there to play.
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Hey Edgar ..I finally played this guy too, this morning .. I was sitting with 100bb & think he was bum hunting and saw my Irish flag=DONK lol :club:
      and sat with me . the match lasted about 10 hands before he quit me

I mabey gave him too much credit in my last post, I mean he is definately decant & clever to not want to play a break even match when rake is so high.( think we could lern something from him ;)

Also I saw you were playing last night against some french dude so I railed you for a while.. You were totally outplaying him post flop and I noticed your 3x raising him pre also which is much better imo. didnt see the result of the match but thats not so important ..the important thing was that watching the game the skill difference was very evident .you were totally owning him.

Just thought that since we are both on the same path we should try a sweat session together ..I'm sure we would both benifit from that
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      Hi, ofc, u can add me to msn and we can talk about it one day
    • mcbethk
      mcbethk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerRoad
      1st thing -is I prefere atleast a3x standerd raise preflop ...by raising less then that you allow him to make profitable calls with a wider range.. I think ur call pre flop here is fine as long as you are also mixing it up with some 4bets with AK in this spot.

The next thing is your raise on the flop (what hands are you trying to get to fold) are you turning ur hand into a bluff or raising for value ..either way I think this is bad.

Its much better to call & set up a turn float or mabey hit one of ur six outs which you can safely bet for value as most often youl have a winng hand .
      also folding the flop is not a total mistake, but raising in a 3bet pot with AK 100BB deep is clearly wrong and is effectivly bluffing sometimes with the best hand wich is awfull ...

Just for the record this guy is a thinking reg and I have not played him yet but mabey will do in the future at a higher limit.. at HU 30NL on this site the rake is hell and playing a decent reg is also a mistake as there is much softer opp there to play.
      wow ur a nit, AK is insta 4bet imo, also this guy isnt def a thinking player..