This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK 3bet pot OOP

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      By the river I was just praying that he also had AK or maybe AQ (AT somehow?). Is there anyway to avoid paying off TT, AA or KK OOP? Check/folding seems too weak and I don't think he'll bluff so check/calling seems bad too. Also with the stack sizes I either had 3 streets of small bets or 2 streets of large bets and felt JJ-KK would be more likely to call small bets on the flop and maybe turn as well, but should I just make a standard 2/3 bet on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.90
      UTG1:
      $9.95
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $6.79

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.35, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1.35, BB folds, UTG1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.00) 4:club: , A:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55, UTG1 calls $1.55.

Turn: ($6.10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.90, UTG1 calls $2.90.

River: ($11.90) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.10 (All-In), UTG1 calls $4.10.

Final Pot: $20.10
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If KK-JJ want to peel one bet i don't think they mind the difference between 1/2 and 2/3. I'd probably try and get it in 2 streets in case he happens to show up with stuff like AQ there. His PFR of 9 looks kinda scary but he seems to be calling too much and the sample is still small, so it's likely that his range for calling a 3bet includes stuff like AQ that isn't folding ever, in which case that's enough combos of worse hands to make up for the times he shows you TT-AA when you shove the turn.

Hope it helps.