[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK 3bet pot OOP

• saxemephone
      By the river I was just praying that he also had AK or maybe AQ (AT somehow?). Is there anyway to avoid paying off TT, AA or KK OOP? Check/folding seems too weak and I don't think he'll bluff so check/calling seems bad too. Also with the stack sizes I either had 3 streets of small bets or 2 streets of large bets and felt JJ-KK would be more likely to call small bets on the flop and maybe turn as well, but should I just make a standard 2/3 bet on the flop?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.35, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1.35, BB folds, UTG1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.00) 4:club: , A:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55, UTG1 calls $1.55.

Turn: ($6.10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.90, UTG1 calls $2.90.

River: ($11.90) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.10 (All-In), UTG1 calls $4.10.

Final Pot: $20.10
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If KK-JJ want to peel one bet i don't think they mind the difference between 1/2 and 2/3. I'd probably try and get it in 2 streets in case he happens to show up with stuff like AQ there. His PFR of 9 looks kinda scary but he seems to be calling too much and the sample is still small, so it's likely that his range for calling a 3bet includes stuff like AQ that isn't folding ever, in which case that's enough combos of worse hands to make up for the times he shows you TT-AA when you shove the turn.

Hope it helps.