[NL2-NL10] NL10 set on drawy board 3way raised pot

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      UTG1 seemed really tight so most likely had an overpair after calling my raise. On the turn I was committed against MP2 so I just wanted value from UTG1. Should I have checked assuming MP2 would stick in the last 1.50 and hoping UTG1 would call? Now that I think about it that seems much better...
      If I did this and UTG1 called should I (possibly min-)raise or just call and bet small on the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $10.47
      Hero:
      $10.60
      MP2:
      $4.92

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 7:spade: , 6:club: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 calls $3.00, UTG1 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.35) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP2 calls $1.52 (All-In), UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($13.39) Q:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.39
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The board is scary enough as it is on the turn with a 4-straight, UTG1 probably won't put anymore money in with an overpair regardless of what you do after he calls the fish's shove, so if i took your line i would just check/jam the turn hoping he can't find a fold for the price he's getting at that point.

That being said MP2 looks kinda passive and likely doesn't understand pot odds, there is no guarantee he'll shove the rest in (after all he didn't shove the flop), maybe he's happy to continue by checking with whatever he has. In which case UTG1 might very well check back that scary texture as well and you'll be either in the same situation on blank river cards, or screwed it something like a 5 or a T comes, as well as the 2 cards that would give UTG1's overpair a better set. I think your line is fine as played.

Hope it helps.