Information sharing

• 8 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi Dandiiik,

Please be informed that button "Information Sharing" is only available if you registered through our site. In case you signed up via our site and still don't see the button, please try downloading the software again FROM OUR SITE and re-installing.

Regards,
      thunder
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I have a similar issue,
      I already have an account tracked with pokerstategy at pokerstars, however, when I installed the client on my new pc, using the link on your site and following the instructions I can find no information sharing option.
      I have tried a few times, it has worked for me before but will not work now so maybe someone can offer some advice.
      Thanks in advance. :)

D4.
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      Hmmmm.... ok, I suppose if I want to have my points tracked by PS then I will have to use another poker room. Can't find a way to get that pesky information sharing option to appear.
      If I get it working then I will post the solution here.
      Ho Hum.
      D4
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey DE4DLY,

If the option was working then disappeared im guessing it was a problem on PokerStars side.

If you go on requests
      information sharing
      which is 3rd from bottom
      have to click the check box
      and press ok
      it should be fine.

Send them an email asking about the problem and they should be able to fix it if you signed up through PokerStrategy.com with our Starting capital.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice,
      I was in the middle of sending them an e-mail when I realized what the problem was.
      I was logging in to the client with my real money username from Party, which happens to be the username of an old play money account with Stars.
      I logged in with my Stars real money account username and the information sharing showed up just fine.
      What an idiot I am!
      Thanks.
      D4.
    • SofaKingBoring
      SofaKingBoring
      Bronze
      Sorry for digging up the old thread.

So is there no way to activate information sharing for an account that was not created with the strategy-en code?

I don't want to get any deposits or anything. I just would love to get strategy points for it as it's my main playing account with quite some money on it.

*edit*
      ok found it here dead certain:
      Poker account sync

Sucks.

So if I don't want the starting capital but want to earn strategy points I could create another account(via pstrategy) and transfer all my funds?
      Anyone knows if I'd violate terms of service of Pstars?
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Indeed you would be violating terms of pokerstars. Only 1 account per person is permitted.
      You will just have to reconcile yourself with the fact that you won't be tracked on stars, as lot's of players here did (including me) :(
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tommino
      Indeed you would be violating terms of pokerstars. Only 1 account per person is permitted.
      You will just have to reconcile yourself with the fact that you won't be tracked on stars, as lot's of players here did (including me) :(
      Hey SofaKIngBoring,

Exactly what Tommino said. It's painful and we all don't like it but we have to live with it. Maybe one day in the future it will happen but at this point in time, it is not possible.
      And don't worry, I am also one of many that wish we could.

Regards,

Kyle.