PT3 (or HEM) for SNG's?

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      im currenlty playing $1 27 player sng's

i have not used either of the trails of PT3 or HEM so i got a few questions.

:spade: does it really helps as much in SNG's as in cash games?
      :spade: My computer is quite slow so does the program have to run while playing poker?
      :spade: if so do they use alot of CPU? because else it would be pointless to waste the trials when i can't use them.
      :spade: Yes my computer sucks really bad.
      :spade: For sng are PT3 and HEM the same? or is one better hten the other

thanks for answering, im probably going to use a trial tomorrow anyways but i would like some thoughts about it. And if during those 2 months my bankroll grows ALOT i might purchase one of them. (not likely but still)
  • 5 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      software like this is a lot less usefull for sng's, it will still give you an advantage though.

If you plan on buying the software; wait for it till you reach higher limit's (15$+), otherwise it's not really worth the investment in my opinion.

I trialed HEM, it used a lot of CPU for me but I have a crappy system. Just download the trial version if you want to try it imo.

I think the general consensus is that HEM is better for sng's, the HUD is about the same with pokertracker but HEM is way better for tracking your results and analysing them.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      thought so.. PT3 is a piece of crap. can't even get tournament/sng results from hand historie..

trying to get them anyway through SQL and AHK scripts bla bla bla fucking annoying and confusing because all the explanations are horrible. when i finaly got all the tournament result emails.

I dont know how to use the import emails in PT3 and the Faq is also a piece of crap that doesn't explain it clearly
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      thought so.. PT3 is a piece of crap. can't even get tournament/sng results from hand historie..
      Sounds like you are doing something wrong. It can read tournament summaries from every site that makes them.

Also for single table SNGs it can guess the places from only the hand history files.

I dont know how to use the import emails in PT3 and the Faq is also a piece of crap that doesn't explain it clearly
      Luckily they have an excellent support system and remote assistance that can get these things sorted quite quickly.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      yeah finally after hours and working with AHK script and bla bla bla. i managed to get all my tournament results in. which were ONLY 90. but imagine to type those in pokerstars one by one, and then also converting them.

the example with email thing was horrible. it explained it for gmail but what about if you dont have a gmail account?

i ended up making a gmail account and sending al pokerstars emails there. and then getting them in pokerstrategy.. it was very annoying.

I'm taking a break from SNG's anyway so it doesn't really matter.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      the example with email thing was horrible. it explained it for gmail but what about if you dont have a gmail account?
      Then you put in your account settings for your actual e-mail account. :D