Stack
      SB:
      $17,51
      BB:
      $44,99
      Hero:
      $23,15

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 7:spade: , 9:spade: , A:club: (3 players)
      SB folds, BB bets $2,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,00) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4,00, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($15,00) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $8,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23,00

I think i did not play this one correct..some opininons please?
  • 6 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      raise flop find out where you are
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      so how would isolating vs. better hands and hands that will abuse the feq that they have vs heros hand help?

I think you played your hand good here..vs. some villains the river might be a call/ the turn a raise but vs. an pretty unknown villain i think you shouldnt play it any different
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ardarandir
      so how would isolating vs. better hands and hands that will abuse the feq that they have vs heros hand help?

I think you played your hand good here..vs. some villains the river might be a call/ the turn a raise but vs. an pretty unknown villain i think you shouldnt play it any different
      Its a easy raise on the flop.
      We have to protect vs flush draw and we wnat more value from Ax hands.

River you might have folded the best hand here.... or lost to a flush which could have been avoided.

Cause think about it:
      AJ+ 3-bets pre. PPs might squeeze.
      Villain most likely is on a flush draw on the flop or a weak ace.

So yeah as played I think the hand is misplayed. We have to raise this flop.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yes i also agree with raising the flop, if he had a flush draw your giving him bad odd's and even a better ace may fold. If he calls your raise you should give up to resistance, instead of just check/calling and not knowing where you are.
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by Ardarandir

Its a easy raise on the flop.
      We have to protect vs flush draw and we wnat more value from Ax hands.

River you might have folded the best hand here.... or lost to a flush which could have been avoided.

Cause think about it:
      AJ+ 3-bets pre. PPs might squeeze.
      Villain most likely is on a flush draw on the flop or a weak ace.

So yeah as played I think the hand is misplayed. We have to raise this flop.
      1. Just because we are ahead doesnt mean we can raise for value. Yes there are definetly Ax type of hands in his range that we are way ahead of. But vs. someone playing like villain here, a raise will make them fold. So we can not raise for value vs. those types of hands ( under the assumption that he b/f weaker Ax hands).
      2. What kind of flushdraws do you think he will donk? I think he will mostly donk combodraws and play a more passive line with worse flush draws. If we raise a combo draw here we will destroy our own hand because getting it in here on the flop is not +EV ( at least not in my opinion) and so we would have to fold our hand to a 3-bet.
      3. I don't think villains playing 19/10 on nl25 really do squeeze. I think the absolut standard play for him preflop is to just flat 77 and 99 so I do believe there are certainly hands in his range that totally crush us.

@DecMate
      What you describing is a bluff with tpgk, we wouldnt play the hand any different than with 23o
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      bad thing about raising flop is that we often isolate against better hands, but we can´t really raise/fold, so if we raise we have to play for stacks in drawy board.
      You played your hand well.
      I think he has there two pair+ most of the times