From POKERSTARS 2$ gift to 20$...and to the sky maybe!

• bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Hi all!
      First maybe I should begin with my poker history:

hello here's my bad game

This would be before this blog:

I lost some 100$ on various sites : bwin, fulltilt, partypoker, mansion trying to play cash table sin order to Unlock the BONUS for the first deposit which usually was 30$.
      I didn't get too successfull, the only place where I did unlock the bonus was Full Tilt, but eventually I cashed out the same amount I deposited so 0 earnings.

Some 2 months ago I made an account at PokerStars, thinking that maybe one day I will make too an deposit.

Luckily enough, seeing that I have no intention to deposit, Pokerstars sent me a gift of 2$.

Since then I have played now and then, mostly 1.15$ Double or Nothing Sit&Go's, some 0.1, MTT SNG's and also Some 1.1 and 2.2 Tournaments.

At this moment my bankroll is at 19$.
      Some of the evolution I made I posted on another blog, I will copy paste it here when time is available.
  • 15 replies
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Congrats on your recent winnings.

How about following the beginners SSS here in pokerstrategy including BRM?

I also started with small money and slowly climb up the limits using these strategies. :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      are you sure it was from pokerstars?

sounds weird to me, and i had an account with only play money for like a year there and i didn't get anything..
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure yes I do.
      With your permission I will copy/paste my replies from your blog here to my blog.
      Thank you guys for your support.
      I hope to play some more soon.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      sure go ahead ;) and gl at the tables
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      This are the posts I made on your blog:

You started very interesting but maybe you should need to read some more articles.
      Currently I did too start from 2$ that pokerstars gave me for free and trying to build some bankroll by playing 1.15$ Double or Nothing Sit Gos.
      I play for fun, currently I reached 8$ but it seems that every time I'm near 10$ some bad luck strikes, but hope to get there soon.
      After 10$ the sky is the limit
      I'm just trying to improve my skills, I know it would be advisable to play lower buy in but I don't like Turbo Sit Gos.
      Good Luck in the Future!
      I recommend Double or Nothing combined with some multi-tabling like 4 tables at the same time.
      You don't win much, but if you keep your game tight is pretty easy to double up and you're not playing the lottery so often as in regular Sit Gos.

Now my bankroll is at 13$
      I got 4th place in a 45 1.2$ Sit&Go.
      Generally I played good, got lucky only once.
      At the final table It was push or fold most of the time, at some point I lost the track of stealing the blinds and got busted...still have to work on the last table strategy...but I'm pretty happy and for now my target is to consistently get to get in the money in Multi Table Sit&Gos. I also finished 5th in a 27 1.2$ Sit&Go and got 2.8$ I think and busted on 8th place just before the money in a 45 1.2$ Sit&Go.
      Taking into account that getting 4th in a 45 Sit&Go took me about 2 hours and I only got 5$ so a profit of about 3.8$ I tend to believe that playing 4 Double or Nothing (2 at the same time) may be somehow safer and more risk free.

How was your game going lately?

Hi there.
      I had a bad strike too at Double or Nothing 1.15$ SNG's.
      I think I lost 3 in a row or smthng like that.
      Also I played some 1.1 and 2.2 tournaments but not very lucky got busted before the bubble.
      I remember that I had to fold AA once, I was early position, about 2500 stack, 250/500, I raised preflop to 1000, got called, the the flop came 6 7 8 suited, not my suit, I checked, he checked, then a 9 appeared and I got raised to my ALL IN...I folded.

So at some moment I had about 8.7$.
      I entered a 0.01/0.02 cash table with 1$ and after a very good read raise I succeded to leave the table with 3$.

Now my bankroll is at 13, I played last night a 2.2$ 4000$ tournament, I played really good and got pretty good hands too, when the bubble came at 540 players left I had about 10000 chips stack and the average was about 30000, I waited for some good cards to raise or to call but I didn't strike anything so finally I went ALL IN with 3000 with A Js agains A K and got busted.
      I got 5.1$ for the 470th place or something like that, maybe from now on I will play more aggresively after I reach the money because this is the only way to reach the first 100 if you don't get some great hands.
      I'm pretty happy for now, hope to reach the 15$ and the the 20$ barrier, it would be great, taking into account that I started from 2$ gift from pokerstars.

Can you please mention somethng about the rake you get for playing 1.15 SNGs ?

FROM NOW I SHALL FILL MY evolution as I play!
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Played 2 D or N, one lost and one won so -0.3$
      Played from 0:20 AM to 3:00 AM a 1.1$ 1000 cap Tourney, didn't have so much luck at the end though I played good, so I got busted on 93th place I think. Got 2.1$ for my effort.

GAIN-LOSS= 1-0.3= 0.7$
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Very nice and interesting graphs, I wish I could have the time and passion to do something similary.
      For now I'm happy if I can play 10 hours/week and make some posts here in my blog.
      I guess I should have started playing when I was in college and I has lots of time that I wasted by doing nothing!
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tac3znarf
      Congrats on your recent winnings.

How about following the beginners SSS here in pokerstrategy including BRM?

I also started with small money and slowly climb up the limits using these strategies. :)
      That would be a great idea but for now I just don't have the time to "study" poker so accurate. For now I'm just playing for fun. Maybe next year when I'll have some more free time I'll do that.
      Thank you for the support anyway!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      the thing with MTT is first prize get a really big part of the prize pool. for example in a sng with 27 players. and $1 buy-in first plaze gets $10. while if you end up 5th you only get $2,80 so it's very important to be good in the late stages if you want to make nice profits.

I am going to study a bit today.. Maybe i will read something i didn't know yet :f_grin:
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      BANKROLL 21.73$

I took 3 rd place in a 27 1.15% MTT SNG and got 1.85$.
      I played good and had very good cards too...at the end the other had 2 od 4 times the size of my stack so I got busted on a coin flick.
      It's ok.

About your reply Haha...I agree with the prizes for SNG MTT that you have to finish top 3 to get something that is really worth the efforth.
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      BANKROLL 21.33$

Got my AA busted by a flush at a 1.1$ 4000$ tourney.
      Knew I was beat but didn't want to fold my AA :)
      It was 2.27 AM and anyway too tired for playing till....

I played relatively good, some bluffing at the beginning, the lost some stack on a river two pair and got to some 430 stack, then with some good reraise and a very good all in raised my stack back to about 1500, till that A A.
      I didn't raise preflop because I was playing a pretty tight table so I wanted more people to enter the pot. Unluckily the Flop was 3 diamonds, and I didn't have any diamond on my Aces. I did raise to ALL IN, frustrated that I have to fold A A and hoping that maybe they are only on a flush draw. I knew that 95% I was out but that's it.
      Three people hit their flush so that's it.
      Maybe I'll have a bigger time window in the future available so I can play without being some f..g tired that my eyes are closing by themselves...
      I'll be back...!
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      BANKROLL = 22.18$

I won another Double or Nothing.
      I was chip leader for a long time, but then the action got very tight and when i cashed in I was 5th place, there were lots of preflop lucky all ins before that...but finally a better hand won the showdown...

Yes I agree that MTT SNG's are pretty crazy, you must get some cards there and also get lucky a little bit otherwise the chances are that you bust out.
      Also the number of players that actually cash out is very small, and actually if ypu don't get in the top 3 then it's not really worth the pain and the time spent.
      I will stay to my 1.15$ Double or Nothing but maybe I'l try do some 3-4 tables at the same time maybe.
      Usually I play only one table and browse the internet, read the news, watch TV in the same time because there are lots of hands which I fold.
      Until now everytime I played 2 tables at the same time I usually won one and busted in the other one, so I was in the end 2-2.3 so -0.3$ down.
      Next time when I have a window of 2 hours free time I will do 2 tables at the same time.
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      BANKROLL = 21.03$

I played last night one 1.15$ D or N.
      I played good till one point, I eliminated one opponnent and had about 3000 stack, then I called a 1500 All IN with my A 10 and lost to A J :( , then lost some another 400 on a two pair.
      I got busted when I had a K J and a K K shows on the flop, of course I went all in, the guy struck his flush on the river :( .
      I think I could have waited a little more when I had 3000 stack for the other to bust out, but I was very tired from work and my patience was ending...that's it, today I'll try to play some more if I'm not so tired.
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      BANKROLL = 17.58 $

I lost 3 SNG's.
      2 of them I lost to a flush made on the river.
      Last one lost it with A Q to A J...
      It seems that I'm on a loosing streak...
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      The loosing streak continued so now I have like 4$ left.
      I only play 0.25$ 90 people SNG's, usually reach the first 20 but I busted just before the bubble many times with stupid hands.
      If I feel lucky maybe I'll play a 1.1 Double or Nothing but it will be risky and I will need some good hands.