This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 33 deep

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $18.55
      BU:
      $54.00
      SB(Hero):
      $90.40
      BB:
      $50.00
      MP2:
      $83.70
      MP3:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      MP2 raises to $2.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) 5, 6, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $9.00, MP2 calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($22.5) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50.

Final Pot: $47.5.

So preflop we`re both deep so I decided to call even OOP . Guy was 27/10 over 200 hands so I guess he`s UTG range is tightish , and I don`t really want to 3bet and face huge pot OOP. Then flop I tought I could make a move there because it misses his range except PPs and I dont really want to fold the best hand maybe. After he calls I decided to give up but then river I don`t really know why I called , but whenever I check twice with a somewhat showdown value hand I tend to convince myself into calling. Looking back I think it`s bad since he would most likely check behind A high hands. So fold river ? Or even fold flop as a safer option ?
  • 2 replies
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      pre is standard imho, flop is a little tricky because c/raising turns your hand into a bluff so c/raising a hand like KQ would have more value than c/raising 33 there. Given that a hand with 2 overcards already has 9 outs on the flop vs. you and the turn will most likely give him extra outs i just fold my 33s there

edit: river is a must fold imho
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when his range is tight, then c/f flop or lead out flop seems better option than c/r and then give up on the turn
      btw on that card I think you can barrel turn and often bet river.
      He wont really call you down almost never, unless he has trips or better himself.
      I also think river is fold. He is valuebetting there every overpair and don´t see how he can floated Ax on the flop, check back turn adn then fire river.