[NL20-NL50] 33 deep

• BogdanDin7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      MP2 raises to $2.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) 5, 6, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $9.00, MP2 calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($22.5) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50.

Final Pot: $47.5.

So preflop we`re both deep so I decided to call even OOP . Guy was 27/10 over 200 hands so I guess he`s UTG range is tightish , and I don`t really want to 3bet and face huge pot OOP. Then flop I tought I could make a move there because it misses his range except PPs and I dont really want to fold the best hand maybe. After he calls I decided to give up but then river I don`t really know why I called , but whenever I check twice with a somewhat showdown value hand I tend to convince myself into calling. Looking back I think it`s bad since he would most likely check behind A high hands. So fold river ? Or even fold flop as a safer option ?
  • 2 replies
    • Ardarandir
      pre is standard imho, flop is a little tricky because c/raising turns your hand into a bluff so c/raising a hand like KQ would have more value than c/raising 33 there. Given that a hand with 2 overcards already has 9 outs on the flop vs. you and the turn will most likely give him extra outs i just fold my 33s there

edit: river is a must fold imho
    • Kaitz20
      when his range is tight, then c/f flop or lead out flop seems better option than c/r and then give up on the turn
      btw on that card I think you can barrel turn and often bet river.
      He wont really call you down almost never, unless he has trips or better himself.
      I also think river is fold. He is valuebetting there every overpair and don´t see how he can floated Ax on the flop, check back turn adn then fire river.