2 Questions

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      First Question is on the min raise, the general concensus i have picked up is that in general it is a big no no particuarly pre-flop but i have seen in a coaching session as well as some players advocating a min or close to min raise post flop. What sort of situations would you use a min raise?

My second question is in a SH game calling a single raise from the blinds with a small to medium pocket pair whilst missing your set but having a favourable flop which is likely to have missed your opponent e.g. a paired board, only 1 over etc.

What are/is the default line in this situation? donk out? check raise? check call then re evaluate? and how is the line you take affected by your opponent.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi csnmf!

Concerning your first question: I would never minraise preflop. Postflop I minraise very seldom. This is a situation were I would minraise postflop: You are sure that your opponent has a mediocre hand and you have the nuts. Obviously you want to play a big pot and do not want to scare your opponent away. Thats why I would minraise sometimes in such a situation. But it also depends on the limit, my opponent, the stack sizes, etc.

Concerning your second question: In these situations it can be profitable to checkraise the preflopraiser on a board like 8 :heart: 3 :diamond: 2 :club: when you have something like 55 or 66. Often the preflopraiser didnt hit the flop and you can steal the pot from him after his continuation bet. But be careful! From time to time you can make this move, but dont overuse it!