[NL2-NL10] AK nl10 sh

• Malv19
      Malv19
      Bronze
      Villain is 23/11/5 1300 hands. How big should be my 4-bet??
      And can I fold on this flop being so pot-comited??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($12.38)
      UTG ($10.25)
      MP ($10)
      Button ($11.84)
      Hero (SB) ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.35, Button raises $1.30, Hero raises $4.10, 2 folds, Button calls $2.85

Flop: ($8.75) 2, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $5.90 (All-In), Button calls $5.90

Total pot: $20.55
  • 5 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Depending on the game flow and opponents I either bet about 2.5x (~$3) or just ship it pre...
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      K I got my own theory and judges might kill me for this but:

The question you ask yourself is.. will I go broke with AK pre-flop?
      If the answer is yes.. then you can go broke on that flop since you wanted to see 5 cards for 10$ and well you only saw 3 so far, but you still want all the money in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd likely go for something like $3.3, it's not to show you're serious and it leaves you with more fold equity on the flop since you'll have about a potsize bet left instead of 2/3.

On the flop i seriously doubt he's going to fold anything he called a huge cold4bet with on such a dry texture for a 2/3 pot bet, TT+ isn't going anywhere. If you think otherwise (he seems cally, maybe he has any pocket pair) shoving is fine, but i'd usually just give it up hoping he's willing to check it down.

Hope it helps.
    • Malv19
      Malv19
      Bronze
      ok thx for comment. But I have a question.

I'd likely go for something like $3.3

What with post flop play. If I bet to 3,3 in pot will be about 7 and I have 7 left.
      Now I should shove only if hit TPTK ?? And all other flops give up??
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Kinda hard to answer, that guy has weird stats.

What's important is i think you get the same amount of folds for a lower price preflop, and on the flop you have more fold equity when you bet ~7 into ~7 than ~6 into ~9. You also feel less like you're priced in and can make a better decision based on what you think villain has and what he'll do with those.

Maybe he's the type not to fold any pocket pair when the flop is very dry like J52r because he'll put you on AK. Maybe he'll fold any smaller pair than J because your shove looks scary. Maybe he doesn't have small pairs to begin with and only other broadways hands so he'll fold all the time if the flop is low. Who knows

My take on him would be he's tight with his raises so he's probably not 3betting and calling a 4bet all that light, he likely has stuff like 99+ and he's not folding anything he called with unless the board comes scary to hands like 99-JJ, even for a potsized shove, so i likely wouldn't jam flops i don't hit basically.

Hope it helps.