[NL2-NL10] NL100 SSS 3hands

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Hand1: I hit the top-set on the flop, but I guess it's good to push here with it against flush & straight-draws against 3opponents? If I was on earliest position here, should I play check/raise or direct push with it?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $99,50
      SB:
      $16,50
      BB:
      $90,27
      UTG+1:
      $61,03
      UTG+2:
      $71,75
      MP1:
      $117,08
      MP2:
      $198,24
      CO:
      $116,07
      Hero:
      $19

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $1,00, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $6,00, CO calls $6,00, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $5,00, MP1 calls $5,00.

Flop: ($25,50) 7:club: , 8:heart: , Q:club: (4 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $13 (All-In), 3 folds.

Final Pot: $38,50

Hand2: I think I can call the half potsizebet on the flop here? I imagined villain could have pocket 8, or T here, maybe even pocket sixes. Think I should've pushed already at the turn (barely could minraise him with my remained stack).

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP3:
      $108,63
      CO:
      $20
      SB:
      $52,06
      BB:
      $118,50
      MP1:
      $46
      MP2:
      $94,50
      Hero:
      $18,50

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, CO folds, Hero calls $1,00, SB raises to $2,00, BB folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($9,00) 9:diamond: , 7:club: , 7:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $5, 2 folds, Hero calls $5,00.

Turn: ($19,00) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero calls $5,00.

River: ($29,00) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $9, Hero raises to $6,50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $44,50

Hand3: Slowplaying ok here? there's a straight draw on the flop, but don't see villain calling raise preflop with 24 nor 46 :D

MP1:
      $130,76
      CO:
      $68,95
      SB:
      $140,71
      BB:
      $126,09
      UTG+1:
      $106,85
      UTG+2:
      $104,10
      MP2:
      $97,50
      MP3:
      $112,26
      Hero:
      $18,50

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      5 folds, CO calls $1,00, Hero raises to $5,00, 2 folds, CO calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,50) Q:club: , 5:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($11,50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

River: ($17,50) 9:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero raises to $10,00, CO calls $7,00.

Final Pot: $37,50
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) Against 3 opponents no slowplaying here
      2) I think that I would fold pre-flop (on the other hands QJs is quite good to limp in). I think that turn called was fine, he probably has over or underpair and you should be way ahead.
      3) who did you left 50 cents:D . If CO has queen he won´t fold it anyway on the flop so you could slowplay. Only dangerous card is ace, but he probably has some low pocket pair. I think that I would call river- to me it seemed like value bet and I would save my 7$ ( I just don´t like taking risks:) )
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1)You'd of got called if you were holding AK :( .Too many opponents to SP for sure. CO looked like he had a hand. NH and surprised you didn't get looked up.

2)As pretty as your hand is, I don't like the PF call as you don't have the odds unless at least one of the limpers are terrible AND the blinds are passive. I fold there.
      As played I'm not too sure what was going on in the hand. With the bloated pot and the SB's small bets you were allowed to play your hand without too much trouble. The double paired board did not look good but it is hard to credit SB with a seven. What hand min-raises OOP versus three limpers?

3) I bet half-pot here 100% of the time (ATC). I know Alaton will sometimes SP but I'm not a fan (at least not yet). Not sure how relevant it is at the low-limits where I play but I feel that the more you SP the less likely that your bluffs will be believed.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I actually got it from one of the SSS coaching videos that it's good to call JQs from Button if there's already 2 or more limpers, it's usually easy hand to play from good position. SB actually had QQ here, I think he played it horribly.

the third hand I wanted to slowplay because betting strongly on the flop would usually scare low/mid pockets here, maybe I would've got called by low/mid pockets on flop HPSB but don't think I would've got any more out of it. This way I could get the villain make valuebets with his pockets (actually he didn't have pockets but mostly you are against low/mid pockets here), and I could make a push on the river. Gladly often enough they just think I called the turn wishing I could hit something on river and pushed with nothing. (btw. Villain had 59o here, I think there's some very good players on these limits, and then there are some very very lose ones)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      You are pot committed, so you push.

Hand 2.)
      First fold preflop.
      But since you played, push on the Turn here, he most likely held an Overpair and will call you, when he sits on a draw. If you folds, good for you.

Hand 3.)
      Contibet? No checking behind. A Queen might wants to check-raise you and you can push all-in. With checkbehind you give a queen or any other pair the chance to draw you out. So please bet here on the Flop or at least push at the Turn.

Their is no reason for slowplaying as a Short Stack, only if you held the Übermonster like a flopped Full House which is the nuts in a multiway pot.