Prop help

• blackping
      Hi to all

Thank you for taking the time in answering my questions?

I am currently working for a company as a prop player. They require that I play on multiple tables about 3 at a time. The tables that I play on have relatively small blinds which are fixed NL tables (0.5/0.10-0.10/0.20-0.25/0.50-0.50/1). The issue is that 90% of all the players on the table that I play against mostly short hand games 6max play through to the river no matter if you raise them pref lop,flop,turn,river they still call like calling stations difficult to scare them of even if you have a good hand. The issue is that allot of the time when you go in with a good hand the flop turns out to be not much and the players sticking it through with their weak hands end up turning up a pair or two some times a straight on the river all by chance. What kind of strategy can I apply against such loose players if the limits these players play at is not a real hit to their bank role so their style of play end up to be very loose, aggressive and with a high gambling ratio (playing almost any hand).

Also I have played allot of poker in my life but was never taught the fundamentals of poker in terms of odds to pot ratio, strategies and learning how to read opponents although i am getting better at it. Is there any advice you guys can give me in where I can start educationally to improve my game playing in my current situation.

Again I appreciate the time you have taken in answering my questions
  • 3 replies
    • andyb43
      What is a prop player?

They pay you to play poker?
    • lozz08
      I am not a FL player, but fundamentally, the way you beat poker is by making your wins big and your losses small.

So in other words, if you don't hit the flop, consider giving it up more, and if you do hit the flop, bet a ton and you'll come out ahead in the long run.
    • EagleStar88
      Hi blackping & welcome to PokerStrategy,

As you progress up the PokerStrategy status levels, additional strategy material, guides, media/videos and coaching open up to you.

This strategy material starts of with the basics obviously but gradually moves into much more indepth analysis and techniques. All of these will help you to adapt your game to different scenarios and types of opponent.

Just one of the many benefits of membership here :)

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker.

Best regards,