Turning the 50 bucks ?

• metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      Hi guys. I have a question...

When I got the 50 bucks after doing the quiz here and started playing at pokerstars.
      I kinda wasted some money there, as I didnt take it that cerisusly and also had some extremely bad fishy calls.

Right now Im at 37 bucks, cause I just won 2nd place a micro sit n go.
      Now my question is, how to best turn those 37 back into 50 bucks and then turn those 5 into .... 99999 :D Nah, maybe not that much.

Should I play sit n goes ? Or cash games ?
  • 6 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      if you're good at sng play sng
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      It is tour decision what will you play, if ur good in sngs play those if not play cashgames and stick to at least 30 BI roll and play good poker and quit when you dont feel like playing or if you are making stupid decisions out of boredom.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      those 2 comments obviously dont help and i was facing the same problem

i won $22 in a freeroll and that was my bankroll. i had played 100s of play money SNG and very limited ring game experience (since at ps it jumps from 5/10 to 200/400 at play money so i never played those)

so what can you play with a bankroll like that as a SNG player?

sadly the only thing are the $0,25 45 player SNG. or you could play the very large MTT sng with $0,10 buy-in but those obviously require alot of luck.

i decided to move to NL SH2 with my $27 bankroll yesterday. $1 sng's have high rake so it's hard to make profit and im so sick of grinding the $0,25 SNG hours a day for a few bucks.

So i think it's best to play NL2 if your good/not bad at cash games. if you really want to play SNG though i would continue playing $1 SNG till you really have to move down a limit. and maybe read some more strategy articles.

it's very hard to get higher as a SNG player though because it jumps from $0,25 too $1+$0,20 buy ins.. and then you might even get alot of bad luck and have to move down again..
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey metalDays,

First of all, this should be a big decision for you if your seriously about re-building your bankroll. So you should think very carefully which poker variant you are going to choose.

IMO you have a few options.

1) SNGs - $1 or grind out lower SNGs. Rake is High but these SNGs are easily beatable.

2) SSS - You could SSS the low limits like NL2-NL5 but it is going to be very swingy cause the players are very loose and will call widely and you will be vsing multiply opponents on most flops.

3) BSS - Play NL2-NL5.

4) MTT - Either grind the multi SNGs tournaments and play all the extremely micro MTTs

All are going to be a risk because your BankRoll is very small but there is still hope. :)
      Just take your time.

Study and read/re-read these:
      and

Regards,

Kyle.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      imo sng's
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I played SSS in NL10 with the strategy this site provides and ive been playing for around 2 weeks im at ~$220 from the 50. Just do SSS