This push doesnt make sense to mee:

SB: 1760
      BB:2120
      Hero:4410
      CO:2120
      BU:2490

Blinds 200/400

Hero has QJs

Hero has 12 BB BUT is chip leader with nearly twice more chips than the 2nd.
      Considering this does it really make sense to go all in in this situation? I would definitely not do it.

What you think?
  • 7 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      it's about how much everybody else have, they have to call you very tight because you can bust them out.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I don't think they have to call me very tight here.
      SB has only 4BB so he would call me with a lot of hands.

You actually raised another good question here:

Lets say I have twice more chips than anybody else with 5 players in total.
      Do I loosen up my game to put pressure on them
      Do I tighten a little bit waiting for a good hand (since I am chip leader I can wait a bit)??
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      in the final table of WSOP, Moon put all in with QJs a few hours ago :) in the head up with Cada
    • Genetals
      Genetals
      Bronze
      there is already 600 in the pot(even more with antes) and u risk 2400 the most to win it.
      If someone calls u have atleast 37-40% to win against their calling ranges..
      (0.37 * 2400 = ~1100) so if u dont get called more than 46%(1300/600) u are breakeven, and u will never get called that often.. and the rarer u get called the more its +EV
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      I don't think they have to call me very tight here.
      SB has only 4BB so he would call me with a lot of hands.

You actually raised another good question here:

Lets say I have twice more chips than anybody else with 5 players in total.
      Do I loosen up my game to put pressure on them
      Do I tighten a little bit waiting for a good hand (since I am chip leader I can wait a bit)??
      I think everyone will say you have to put presure on them.
      In an example I don't think that they call you light because everyone waits when the shortie busts. just my opinion.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Heads up I would agree.

But when the first 3 get money and 5 players are still at the table I wouldnt do it if I was chip leader eventhough the ICM says so.

Am I wrong with my thinking?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      sorry crossed posts.

Kind of make sense what you are saying Genetals. Also I like this mathematical way of thinking...

So basically I have to put pressure by loosen up a bit my game when I am big chip leader is that correct?