This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKs

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $2.70

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:club: , T:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($3.15) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78.

Final Pot: $4.71

Small bet on flop because he is tight. Check call turn because he might have hit flush, I didn't want to do bet/fold to a raise move. Also he would fold if he would have worse hand so I wouldn't get money. The only worse hand that he wouldn't fold is AT imo. That's why beting is bad.
      The same on the river.
  • 2 replies
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      IMO b/f turn is better if you are OOP because you dont want him to check behind and see another :club: on river.
      Also bet more on flop - he is tight but you give him perfect odds on a drawy board.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure he might fold worse hands, but if you check to do him do you think he'd bet worse hands? I don't. He'll check back anything that isn't a flush most likely, since he had to get to the turn with something and nothing that isn't a flush feels good on that turn.

For that reason if you decide to check it's likely a check/fold, and since check/folding looks really weak you're often better off bet/folding against most opponents if you have the slightest doubt.

Hope it helps.