too advanced strategy

• yhnji
      yhnji
      Bronze
      Could using gold or silver rank strategies be unprofitable playing at micro stakes like 002/004 ? Maybe I should play as simple as I can at micro stakes and avoid using more advanced strategies ? What is your opinion on this ?

Thank you in advance
  • 11 replies
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      From my experience basic strategy through NL10 is best with SSS. Even in NL 25 I'm only making plays against known regulars because most players can't fold yet. As far as BSS I don't know. I would just stick to basic.

Good luck
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      keep it simple
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      From my experience basic strategy through NL10 is best with SSS. Even in NL 25 I'm only making plays against known regulars because most players can't fold yet. As far as BSS I don't know. I would just stick to basic.

Good luck
      This.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      simple strategy works on NL2/NL4 , but I reccomend you to read seilver articles at least. It helps you to generally understand the game better. Ofcourse in microlimits you dont need (sometimes it isnt even profitable) advanced moves, because your opponents dont think enough.
      But bronze articles about BSS cover all the basics for FR games - so if you know (and understand) them really well, you should move up soon.

This is about BSS.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      nl10 is also ABC poker and to an extend so is nl25

i finished grinding micro and i gotta tell you that slowplay is pretty much meaningless, bet bet bet with the good hands they are all calling stations
    • peanutter
      peanutter
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I recently started playing SSS, and it seems like nobody ever calls at NL10. Out of the times where I obtain a hand, I raise and everyone folds pre-flop. This happens about 90% of the time. Is this natural? Everyone just seems so tight that playing basic SSS isn't profitable.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by peanutter
      Hi,
      I recently started playing SSS, and it seems like nobody ever calls at NL10. Out of the times where I obtain a hand, I raise and everyone folds pre-flop. This happens about 90% of the time. Is this natural? Everyone just seems so tight that playing basic SSS isn't profitable.
      Nobody's calling at NL10?! What site are you playing at? When I was playing NL10 at Full Tilt the hardest thing sometimes was that I was getting called by 4+ people. Even now at NL25 I almost always get a caller. It will sometimes fold around if I raised from UTG/UTG+1. Maybe your stats are too tight? If you're seen as a rock that might kill your action.

Good luck
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Don't Cbet much at micro limits. People don't know how to fold. Play value poker: if you have a decent hand, bet, bet, bet :D
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I found that at times playing NL10 SSS on 888/Pacific but on checking realised that I had played 4+ orbits on a table without playing a hand so of course everybody folded. Now if I have seen 3 orbits and not found a hand I leave the table and rejoin 10 mins later. That seems to work for me.
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin
      Hi,
      I found that at times playing NL10 SSS on 888/Pacific but on checking realised that I had played 4+ orbits on a table without playing a hand so of course everybody folded. Now if I have seen 3 orbits and not found a hand I leave the table and rejoin 10 mins later. That seems to work for me.
      ROFL, is your username Fagin_01? If so, you're playing BSS now?
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      ROFL, is your username Fagin_01? If so, you're playing BSS now?[/quote]Yes thats me and still playing SSS on NL10 and 20 - I have rebought for the max by mistake a few times due to other tables popping up but leave the table when I do that.