$26.49
      MP3:
      $14.69
      CO:
      $51.53
      BU(Hero):
      $22.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      MP2 raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($3.35) 6, A, 9 (3 players)
      MP2 bets $2.50, CO folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.35) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($18.35) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.25, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $18.35.

Villain: 23/20/3,3/ wtsd 18/ 60 hands

Preflop i should have squeezed.My mistake.

flop: Raising doesnt make sense right? because only better hands will call me and board is pretty dry.

turn:Any better line then calling? If i call here, can i expect that he will barrel river again? If so, can i fold turn?

river: I know he is giving me a really good pot odds. But i thought he just wants to squeeze a little extra money from me. On the other side perhaps bluff raise would be suitable here, because straight draw got there and if he is a descent player, he might block bet me and fold to reraise.
      As played, fold on river is ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d call him down
      Although you´re not good so many times, you hold top pair and have showdown value
      And since you called turn, imo you should call river
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      What about flop play? Do you ever raise there?

I would appreciate if you could give me some guidelines in such situations.

For expample: You cold call hand like AT or AJ or KQ in position and hit top pair in headsup play. In which situation would you raise his flop bet? Wet board? Aggresive player?

Thanks in advance

Ensyfer
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It depends a lot of the gameflow.
      In HU I´d often call dry boards, since I´d expect him to barrel off very often with worse hands or if villain holds smt like KK-TT then I get the same value on the turn
      I´d raise very often, almost never to the very good players, since I don´t really want to play there for stacks
      And most of the people will play very straight forward being oop, so against loose players you can call turn and then evaluate river, against tight passive players often better is just to fold turn.
      In general:
      you have to think one step ahead what villain is going to do if get raised.
      Would he shove over your raise with draws if you´r going to raise wet board with top pair, medium kicker.
      If he´d always fold to worse hands, at that time better is just to call flop and evaluate on the turn. You´d get feeling about your opponent ranges when you keep playing and seeing showdowns and then you can decide how you want to play you medium strength hands.