h50n Vs Husng

• h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      Hi guys

after many failed attempts at cash games, bss and sss

I have decided to go back to playing sngs which i have been playing for a while now starting from the $50 starting bonus with 1$ then 3$ and a bit of $5 going up to about $1000 including the battle of the planets leaderboard and fpp point bonuses.

SnG sharkscope graph

As much as I would love to play cash games, its pointless continuing to loose money. The aim of this blog is to help me develop my game to take me from the $5 all the way up to the big boy levels $50+ in both sngs and mtts.

the combination of taking out my winnings and my cash game adventures has left my bankroll at $167.06 so its back to the 3$ sngs where I willl build up to $250 and move onto $5 turbos (more money per hour) providing i finish in a decent place in the battle of the planets leaderboard, and i dont hit any downswings like ive been doing frequently for the last 500 games(see graph) this should take about a week.

I was previously playing 6 tables at a time which i am rather comfortable with now and today have moved up to 7, i willl keep increasing slowly until it starts to reduce my hourly rate (mo money per hour, baws)

I will create new aims as I go along as new problems and challenges arise which i will try my best to meet, and hopefullly with the help of better players i tooo can become a better player. baws

over and out
      Bankroll: $167.06
      Objective: Reach $250 so i can bang out £5 turbos
  • 9 replies
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      Its been an okay past few days. After reading around everywhere seems to say turbos are better for $ per hour and tbh playing 1 hr 30 min sessions all the time was starting to get a bit tiring. Turbos on pokerstars start at $6.50 so i decided to give them a shot (breaking bankroll management rules) they seemed to ahve went well, i grinded my bankroll up to $248 last night. I was in the middle of 3 tables where on one i had AA which i just raised then pow all of a sudden distaster struck... powercut. now basically my laptop doesnt work anymore without the powersupply since I spilt orange juice into the keyboard earlier in the year, so I was unable to continue the game, so there went $19.50 of my bankroll to some other lucky players.

I've just started reading sit and go strategy by colin moshman,which contains alot of the stuff I know already but everynow and then there is a few new bits and bobs that are new to me.

I've also been playing heads up, which ive been having moderate sucess with.

not far to go till I reach my target.

Bankroll: $228.16
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      Moved over to fulll tilt where i was playing alot of 6 max cash and bonus whoring there $600 sign up bonus, which has given my bankroll a nice boost. Now im back on pokerstars where i've been playing far more heads up recently so in my usual chopping and changing fashion ive decided to play alot more HUSNG. So far ive had some moderate success on the $10 husngs then i decided to move up to the 20$ sngs last week where everything was going well till i lost control and blew up -$200 in one day not good. I didnt know it was possible to have full house beats by quads 2x, then full house get beaten by full house on the river, then full house getting beaten by straight flush all in one day. these were all pretty unfortunate events, but since im not used to losing around $100 like that I went on tilt and actually started playing bad, after losing $200 i figured it was best to move back down to $10 rebuild my confidence and bankroll and try $20 again later this week. Ive been back at $10 since saturday and have recovered about 150$ of my 200$ deficit. Im gonna play a few more 10$ get my bankroll to $1100 then give 20$ a second shot

Bankroll: $1004.59

BTW i kind of cheated and added an extra $150 to my account so i could start playing higher stakes more comfortably
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      started playing a few 20$ husngs with some moderate success, playing with 20$ per tabe is slightly harder because now you can go on a 5 BI down swing liek what happend to me befoe and loose 200$ in no time, but im slowly getting morecomfortable playing the 20$'s i plan to play at least 30 more games at the 20$ then i will re evaluate my progress, if i feel that i am doing pretty well roi +10% then i will move to the $30

Bankroll: $1,125.32
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      quick Q... wheres the story behind your bankroll increasing from 200$ to 1000$?

and ps gl
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      if your interested, we have a sng discussion group on skype, if ur interested add me AlCaTrAzzALZ on skype
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      by time i moved to full tilt to do some bonus whoring i had about $550 I then played nl10 6 max for just over a month that plus bonus+ rakeback brought me to about $700 i then deposited $150 on my pokerstars to take advantage of the $150 new year bonus bringing it to about $850 and the rest is from husngs.

the past few days have been pretty good, confidence in the $20 husngs has been growing quite nicley now. Ive been working on trying to improve my play against maniacs which i feel was one of my biggest weaknesses, alot of our edge comes from being able to control the pot size, but these guys just keep on betting, so ive learned to become more patient against these guys and just wait for a decent hand and let them do the betting for me.i said i was gonna move up to $30 husngs after 30 more games but I think im gonna try play 15 games a day until friday then i will give them a shot, I am not looking for another meltdown.

bankroll wise I bought the $40 instant cash bonus

Bankroll: $1273.04

ps im already in the skype group, but i hardly ever chat on it, i will start to chat on there a bit more often because i need to start discussing strategy alot more in order to start getting different perspectives on things.
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      well its been nearly a year since I last updated this blog, hopefully this time round I can keep doing frequent updates to help me develop my game further. This is my current graph on both the sites I play on

now im currently playing $23 and $34.50 husngs, I'm a bit of a bankroll nit so usually have to play a ton of games before im comfortable moving up, but hopefully I should be playing the $57.50 by end of feb/start of march kind of times.

Currently I aim to play 300 games a month, but I want to be able to increase it to 600 but for now im just gonna focus on playing my A game and moving up then worry about volume when im playing the $110
    • moovet
      moovet
      Bronze
      all i have to say is that this guy was coached by cog dissonance. That itself says a lot.

a very good player and a coach with very clear thought process and he explains it nice so even a donk like me could understand

good luck coach!

p.s. if you werent such a bankroll nit you would be playing 50s long time ago :P
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      1/2 Kelly BRM ftw.

good luck with this. I did try to go this route, but it bored the hell out of me.

currently playing 50NLHU instead :)

gl sir, il be watching.