Bad play or Bad luck?

• 17 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      i only looked at the first 3 hands and they we're all played very very bad, you would have folded and saved yourself all the buyins except the JJ hand if u played them correct
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      And how does that help me exactly?

i didn't spend like a hour making this post to hear: "you play bad" with 0 arguements or saying how the hands should be played.

i'm asking for constructive feedback ok?
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

Some info about my playing style:

:spade: I don't play cards i play players.
      :spade: I rely heavily on my gut feeling. If i even slightly notice something is off or that your bluffing me i can shove all in with with any two high cards.
      :spade: I'm loose agressive at NL SH tables, i can play extremely tight. but as a rock you will have a hard time earning money since its extremely easy to notice that you have a hand. when you raise and only play 10% of your hands.
      friendly tips,forget all the above,start buying in with 100bbs,and stop slowplaying.Start thinkin about the above once u reach NL50 and best of luck with u...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      did you notice my profits are $11 below my ev line in only 2500 hands? you realise thats over 500 BB in only 2500 hands?

my bankroll is only $23 so thats what 11 BI? with the way it's going now i will bust my whole bankroll in a few thousand hands if i buy in with that much.

i actualy don't slow play often usualy unless i have a very strong hand/nuts. But i would have made very little profit if i 3bet when i did hit since they would fold 90% of the time. Im going to slow play less often.

Going to do another short session now. hope it goes better..
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Well i think i got enough confirmation now.

i played a 2 hours session, 2 tabling. playing 280 hands and im up $7,46 i've been running good and getting paid off.

There were so many fish and with my reads and the HUD i was able to win alot of money from them. at one table there were actualy 2 fish who played every hand! and one with an agression factor of 70%. unfortunately i kept getting bad hands there so i wasn't able to double up through one of them.

and i've had my fair share of bad luck that session. the calling stations simply can't fold there gutshot straight draw and then they hit it on the river when i have trips.

in the 8 pots i lost over $0,50 i had a 2 pair twice, trips 3 times and once a fullhouse. but it doesn't matter since i was getting alot of good cards.

and about not playing with my gut feeling... you know.. it might be hard to understand how you can play like that for people who play for 100% math. but it works out great for me. My reads are right probably 80% plus of the time and with the HUD i have since only a couple of days my reads are right 90%+ of the time.

I really can't imagine playing without a HUD now and once i reach $100 i will definetly spend $55 on the micro limit version of PT3. it's so easy to see the fish, and fold when that rock raises. before it was hard to notice rocks unless you REALLY pay alot of attention.

and my non-sd provings only confirm that my reads are good, since im up over $10 from non-sd winnings. My ev-line is still $9,40 above my actual winnings But i dont mind as long as im winning :D

You guys might be thinking my play is bad and i simply got an upswing. well i don't really care. myself and the stats prove otherwise. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate constructive feedback and i probably do have some leaks, but don't just simply come saying here and say "you play bad". since i take poker very seriously.

another graph: feel free to comment about the posted hands, i posted them because i was unsure about them (1-6).

• lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      I kind of get the feeling you want someone to come and tell you what to do... Or say "oh, you're so unlucky man, but you're really good." This isn't going to happen. Why are you on this site if you don't want to use the learning materials? And you seem very defensive about criticism.

You look like a guy who pays on ego "I don't play cards i play players." "i can shove all in with with any two high cards."

Please get a grip and use this site for what it's for- learning to play poker.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you should probably post this hands on the apropiate forum , however in my opinion:

hand #1 : what are you doing there? when you check raise that board the best case scenario is running into the hand he had (which was better than yours btw)
      #2: slowplaying top pair Q kicker multiway, going broke in a 3bb pot with top pair bad kicker is not a winner play.
      #3: standard
      $4 lol slowplaying a calling station :D
      #5 turn bet is really horrible on that drawy board (read odds and outs article), doesn't make any sense and you manage to still pay him off on the river with any J or 7 has you beat
      #6 you should probably be folding there, with your reads you are probably flipping though and boosting variance is not smart with $22 dollars of "bankroll"

other hands are also nasty but you said comment on the first 6 :D

imo: read the articles, visit coachings, post this hands on it's apropiate forum, don't waste 23 BIs in buying pokertracker. understand variance.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

"So what do you play? BSS or SSS?"

I'm playing my own strategy.

Hehe clearly working for you
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      maybe your gut should somehow be able to see your screen so it can make more informed decisions as to what to feel.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      hmm where to start..
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I kind of get the feeling you want someone to come and tell you what to do... Or say "oh, you're so unlucky man, but you're really good." This isn't going to happen. Why are you on this site if you don't want to use the learning materials? And you seem very defensive about criticism. You look like a guy who pays on ego "I don't play cards i play players." "i can shove all in with with any two high cards." Please get a grip and use this site for what it's for- learning to play poker.

This is exactly the type of post i asked people not to make.

1 This does not help me
      2 you did not discuss any hand
      3 your talking bs.

Did i ever say i don't want to use the learning material ? NO
      Did i ever say i never used any learning mtaerials ? NO

defensive about criticism?

HOW EXACTLY DOES TELLING ME I PLAY BAD HELP ME? ofcourse i get mad when someone say's that and doesn't explain why. if he atleast told me how to play the hands, what i could do better next time. Then i could learn from it.

So please don't post again because your just making a fool out of urself. Your probably one of those tight nits that only play their cards.

like i said, i want constructive feedback how would you feel if i came to ur blog and said : You play like crap.

and then you would say: oh thank you for that wonderful insight, your comment will drastically improve the way i play.

that's what your pretty much saying how i should re-act.

ihufa. obvious troll is obvious. gtfo my thread kthxbai

alejandrosh thanks for the feedback. i can actualy do something with that. I guess i overplay my hands alot against Fish and never give them credit for a real hand.

I also have a tough time folding two pair+ and end up paying people off when i know they have me beat.

What alot of you seem to be forgetting is that this is

:spade: NL SH. you could compare it to heads up play. people try to bluff you out of hands constantly.
      :spade: All these hands weren't against decent players. they were all vs calling stations and fish who played 60-70% of the hands they got.

That is the reason why i went over the top all in sometimes. Simply not giving them credit for a good hand since they played about every hand exept a 2-7.

and p.s. Why exactly should i listen to you lozz while your practicaly bashing my playstyle and saying i suck and should read strategy articles?

While the stats, the facts say.

:spade: i make profit
      :spade: i have had bad luck

since if my actual all-in winnings were as high as my ev line i woudl be up nearly $20 in not even 3k hands.

@ImAnAcehole9 your name would fit much better with most of the people who posted in my thread lol :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      maybe you should understand that the way you play will drastically change through your pokercarreer and while your at the lowest limits atm there is no reason for you to think you play anything near good, which is totally natural.

so don't take it personal when we say that your playstyle is very suboptimal at the moment, though you can obviously improve it in a matter of hours if you'd get over yourself and do this:

watch some videos

attend some coachings

read some articles

don't play like a fish against fish because they are fish.

I don't have time nor desire to go through all the hands and pinpoint the mistakes, but if u watch some videos you'd probably be able to spot most of them yourself

and the reason most of us aren't giving advice is that it's just way too complicated to post in a single comment all the little errors, so instead we choose to try and convince you that there are some leaks to fix and hope that you on your own will be able to obtain the info you need.

and on a sidenote

HU4ROLLZ?

piece out
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      btw.. this is the Hand Evalution Feedback forum so i post hands to get feedback not to hear "go study more, you have leaks" how does that help me? if you don't have time then don't post, if you don't care then don't post.

I posted these hands because i wasn't sure if i played htem correctly not because i knew i played them right.

Trying to get the most money out of them by slowplaying backfired about everytime in that session.

anyway.. i dont think you understand what kind of players im playing against. i did a short session today. and i was just completely stunned at how a player played. I just couldn't believe what he was doing.

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.97
      CO:
      $5.01
      BU:
      $2.44
      SB(Hero):
      $5.76
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 3.
      MP2 raises to $0.22, MP3 raises to $1.97(All-In), 4 folds, MP2 calls $1.75.

Flop: ($3.97) 6, 5, K (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3.97) 5 (0 players)

River: ($3.97) 5 (0 players)

Final Pot: $2.22.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, fives full of nines(9 9).
      MP2 shows four of a kind, fives(5 6).

MP2 wins with four of a kind, fives(5 6).

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.97
      SB:
      $2.62
      BB:
      $2.47
      MP2(Hero):
      $5.24
      MP3:
      $1.38
      CO:
      $5.40

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, 5.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.99, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.02) 2, 5, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $1.14, SB raises to $1.62, CO calls $0.48.

Turn: ($5.26) K (0 players)
      CO gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($5.26) 9 (0 players)

Final Pot: $4.78.
      Results follow:

SB shows a flush, ace high(4 A).
      CO shows a pair of kings(A K).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(4 A).

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.79
      SB:
      $2.05
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP2(Hero):
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $1.96
      CO:
      $4.12

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, 3.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.10, BU folds, SB raises to $0.24, BB folds, CO calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.5) 3, K, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, CO raises to $0.72, SB calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.94) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, CO raises to $0.52, SB raises to $1.09, CO calls $0.57.

River: ($4.12) K (0 players)

Final Pot: $3.55.
      Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, kings and eights(8 8).
      CO shows two pairs, kings and sixs(J 6).

SB wins with two pairs, kings and eights(8 8).

Does any of that make any sense to you?
      can you really blame me for going all in with top pair after seeing people play like that?
      Do you know how hard it is to put someone on a hand when they shove with almost any two cards..

You should really know how hard i laughed when i saw their play. i quickly took advantage of them though and ended up with $3 profit at that table.

And im not really too agressive. if your a tight nit who plays 10-20% of their hands what will happen is.
      1 everyone will fold when you bet and do have a hand.
      2 everyone will bluff you out of pots with air.

I'm constantly getting bluffed at these tables and then reraise them myself with air because i know they have nothing. That's simply how it is at the tables im playing at. You really dont want to know how often i have reraised with air and the other person ended up folding.

Anyway i will remove everything from first post. i don't really care anymore. im not getting much feedback thats actualy useful. and to track my progress i made my blog so if you want to see how it goes from here read it ;)
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Please don´t remove everything because I really enjoy reading it. Please post more hands for us! :f_biggrin:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      lol >.<

I'm just going to post hands more often in my blog so read it i guess. I dont really feel like getting bashed again, and not getting any help on improving my play.

quite sad.. since this is the right forum.. i still got it saved in a notepad and i will post part of it in my blog :) which i will update now :) .

what hands did you find useful/fun to read btw? the losses, my agressive play that has been heavily critisized here ?

im a bit stressed atm and can barely write 2 lines in my blog while i had so much to say.. im going to play some more and upate it later today.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      K mate u seem to be missing the point here.

A)We are not critisizing to make u feel bad or because we envy ur good playing style.

B)We are not capable of saying much about NL2 game cause at that level,most times poker doesnt even make sense,people play literally any 2

C)Although u say u bluff with air etc. i have played NL2 myself and i remember people dont fold so much,they call with any flopped pair or PP

D)I understand ur BR is small so losing 100bbs=2$ could be much at the moment but it is the correct thing to do,really

E)Try playing NL2 FR since the games are easier there

F)Last personal advice:Grind ur BR to 30$,read all the SSS strategy,give it a shot at NL10 with 15bi's=30$

Best of luck to u

ps:for the record,lots of people in this site tryed at the begining "their own strategy",for most,includin me,it never worked.Try sss to get a roll,and then one day try these plays at NL50+++

ps2:no matter what,read the psycology articles

cheers
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      my bankroll is already at $30, i've won $10 since i wrote it yesterday..

anyway i dont like SSS so i will never play that. and you guy's act like i'm saying

"im a pro, i dont need these strategie articles. I use my own strategie"

i'm saying i've read many articles and already use them in my play. i simply play horrible when im risking so much at a table

p.s. i've read some of the psychology articles already, that's how i learned to deal with tilt ;)