How the hell are you meant to move out of the lower limits?

• Jonnym32
      Jonnym32
      Bronze
      I'm playing BSS and i will make progress one day and then all of a sudden, be it on the same day or the next day, i'll manage to lose most of it thus staying in the same position. Reason for this is the idiots that play and call anything and the bad beats that result from them. I play by the book, or as close to it as possible, and i'm still moving nowhere, suggestions?
  • 6 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Yup! Play about 200k more hands, study more often, review tough spots and post hands you're unsure about.

Good luck. :f_grin:
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Uhm... beat the idiots?

Yes its possible to move out.. yes it takes a hmmm longer time for some... and yes oh it is rewarding!
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Yup! Play about 200k more hands, study more often, review tough spots and post hands you're unsure about.

Good luck. :f_grin:
      +1

Oh, and donking off whole stacks, going broke, quitting poker for a few months, then coming back to it with a new perspective helped me a lot ^_^

And read Harrington on Holdem! All three books! That'd be a good use of those few months I mentioned.
    • Jonnym32
      Jonnym32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Uhm... beat the idiots?
      easier said than done when you re-raise someone with pocket aces and get beaten by 27
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonnym32
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Uhm... beat the idiots?
      easier said than done when you re-raise someone with pocket aces and get beaten by 27
      Bad beats will happen, if you get your money in ahead you will eventually make money. I do understand what you mean though, I play SnGs and find the low limits really frustrating because the players are so unpredicatable and refuse to fold. Just analyse your own game, make adjustments and anyone with half a brain should be able to kill the low limits.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi.

What do you mean by lower limits? I'm a newb playing SSS, but from what I know BSS is about having an edge post flop. I would analyze your play with PT3 or HEM. If you're just running below EV then just keep doing what you're doing and be patient until your luck turns around. If you find out that you are just a break even player then you need to focus on plugging leaks one at a time until you become profitable player.

Good luck