This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KTs 7.5:1 from BB NL100

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($68.70)
      Hero ($17)
      UTG ($93.50)
      UTG+1 ($69.10)
      UTG+2 ($65.30)
      MP1 ($84.55)
      MP2 ($52.20)
      CO ($100)
      BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero K:club: T:club:

UTG raises to $2, UTG+1 calls $2, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $2, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($8.50) 3:heart: K:spade: K:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $2, UTG+1 folds, BTN folds, Hero raises to $6, UTG calls $4

TURN ($20.50) 3:heart: K:spade: K:heart: T:spade:

Hero bets $9 (AI), UTG folds

Hero shows K:club: T:club:

Hero wins $19.50

mistake to even call here... the hand has some decent value for a flush or a straight.. but I am new to this SSS uusally I am playing BSS.

flop seems fine,, i dont think i get much value from leading here... but on the turn should I put in some kind of gaybet to get value from a draw even though I am commited and my hand is kind of obvious?

also he min open raised 3 times in total... first time he potted against one villan on A high flop, 2nd time he didnt cbet on QT8ss flop but potted the river when an ace fell and showed AK..
  • 2 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i think u have ok pot odds to call this occassionally with sss. when u hit the turn
      your goal now is to get all your money into the pot and make him put his.

checking the turn to feign weakness after your check/raised flop if hes agressive is a good line
      or making a min 4$ bet and a 5$ bet on the river to string him along.

whats your player name on FTP? i play NL100 there also atm :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey KidPokersKid,

welcome to the SSS side of the poker! :)

Calling KTs preflop with 7:1 odds is OK, you just have to know you're playing for 2-pair or better then.

On the flop, I would prefer to lead out with 4-5$ bet, unless you have some read villains are aggressive, because you don't want to play check/call when someone makes such a 2$ gay bet and if you check/raise you would usually have to check/push, because otherwise you give good odds to a draw and commit yourself.

As played, I check turn with boat and hope he bets or shove river after feigning weakness on the turn and hope he hits something/doesn't give you credit.

Regards,
      burek2000